Being Agile is important for Advertising and Marketing Teams because the industry is constantly evolving. Consumer behavior, technology, and market trends can shift rapidly, and advertising campaigns need to be able to adapt to these changes to remain relevant and effective.
Agile methodology offers a framework for responding to these changes quickly and efficiently, allowing Advertising and Marketing Teams to stay ahead of the curve.
How Aspects of Agile can apply to Advertising and Marketing
Sprints—You likely already have rounds of revisions you show to clients, but how quickly do you deliver them, and do you set the expectations with the client beforehand? By having set Sprints that the clients can anticipate, you can tie the work of the Sprint back to the Product goals set with the Stakeholders, focus the Team’s efforts on achieving a strong draft of the Product to the client, and unify the Team around working together rather than as individuals.
Daily Standup—By coming together each day either virtually or in person, Teams are being held accountable to make continual process. In addition, by being allowed to discuss Roadblocks on a daily basis, Teams are encouraged to ask for help in a public forum. By holding the meeting daily, the opportunity for procrastination shrinks, and the Team can move from being reactive to being proactive.
Product Backlog—Having a prioritized list of tasks that need to be completed to achieve the project’s objectives provides a clear roadmap for the team and ensures that everyone is working towards the same goals.
Kanban Board—Having a physical or electronic Kanban Board, or To Do list, is a transparent way for everyone on a Team or in an agency to easily view a project in its various stages. It especially helps Design Teams and Account Teams see what everyone is working on at any given moment.
Retrospectives—Holding retrospectives at the end of each project allows for better resolution and client work in the future.
The Benefits of Agile in Advertising and Marketing
- Adaptation: Agile allows Advertising and Marketing Teams to quickly pivot their strategies based on changes in the market, consumer behavior, or campaign performance. This allows Teams to be more responsive and flexible to changing circumstances.
- Speed: Agile emphasizes the importance of delivering results quickly and consistently. By breaking down tasks into smaller, more manageable chunks, Teams can move faster and produce work more efficiently.
- Collaboration: Agile encourages close collaboration between Team Members, which can help foster a culture of Teamwork and innovation. This can lead to better communication, improved decision-making, and more effective problem-solving.
- Customers first: Agile puts the customer at the center of the advertising process, allowing Teams to prioritize their needs and preferences when developing campaigns. This can result in more effective advertising that resonates with the target audience.
- Transparency: Agile promotes transparency and accountability, with regular check-ins and progress updates to ensure everyone is on the same page. This can help avoid misunderstandings and ensure everyone works towards the same goals.
Overall, Agile can help advertising teams become more efficient, effective, and responsive to the needs of their clients and customers.