This live, virtual class will teach you the skills necessary in order to become an effective leader in an Agile culture. Agile Leaders are flexible and capable of leading across; cultures, generations, and geographies. Delivered online through Zoom's interactive platform.
- Past leadership experience. You will get the most from this certification if you are currently serving in a leadership position.
- While it is not required to earn your CAL-O certification, we highly recommend that you take Certified Agile Leadership Essentials (CAL-E) prior to the CAL-O certification.
B. Who Should Attend
This leadership class is ideal for anyone who manages a team or has direct reports under them.
- Product Owners
- Scrum Masters
C. Learning Objectives
Learning Objectives for CAL—E
- I want to understand the changing management trends required in a volatile, uncertain, complex, ambiguous (VUCA) world, so that I can lead effectively.
- I want to understand the mindset shifts required to effectively lead in conditions of high volatility and uncertainty, so that I can best support my organization.
- I want to explain the importance of having a structured leadership development approach that supports leadership capability development, so that I can continue to grow as an Agile Leader.
- I want to understand Self, Situational and Social Awareness, so that as a leader, I can effectively engage and interact with my team(s).
- I want to understand a Growth Mindset and explore different techniques to provide feedback and work through difficult challenges, so that I can help to improve outcomes.
- I want to explore using power and influence, and when to use each, so that I can be present, aware and engaged with my team, while avoiding over-influence and micromanagement.
Learning Objectives for CAL—O
- I want to explore the relationship between organizational culture and leadership mindset, so that I can enable Agility organization wide.
- I want to discover the challenges I will face with Agility, so that I can understand its impacts on behavior and results.
- I want to understand the relationship between organizational culture and design so that I can guide the organizational change process.
- The ability to lead diverse teams, across remote locations
- Understand the changing management trends required in a volatile, uncertain, complex, ambiguous (VUCA) world
- Focus on developing people through an organization-wide growth mindset
- Ability to drive, inspire and embrace change and continuous improvement
- Happy and productive; self-organizing, self-managing teams
“Not only did the course provide theoretical knowledge and information, but there were plenty of real-life examples, from both the instructor and my fellow class participants. It was incredibly engaging and I’m walking away feeling much more confident in my knowledge of agility and how to lead in an agile fashion.”
With a passion for learning, a focus on developing people, and a strong ability to define and communicate a desired vision, Agile Leaders leave this class with all of the tools necessary to successfully inspire others and become a change agent within any organization.
- The tools and techniques necessary to apply Agile Leadership throughout organizations
- Cal-E and CAL-O certifications
- A clear view of the values and principles of an Agile Leader
- 16 SEUs / 16 PDUs
F. The Braintrust Difference
- Digital E-book: Scrum for the Rest of Us Included
- Digital Scrum Process Diagram Included
- 1 on 1 Mentoring/Coaching Included
We’re so sure that you’ll love our new virtual classes that we’re offering a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all virtual classes. If you aren’t completely satisfied with your virtual experience, we’ll let you attend one of our future, in-person classes for free. (*some exclusions apply)