- VIRTUAL (online)
- Monday, October 18, 2021
- Tuesday, October 19, 2021
- 9:00am – 5:00pm CDT
- 2 Days
Group pricing available. To learn more, contact Allyson Bowers by calling 503.869.5384 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Book early for early bird discount
Book 2 classes for combo discount
Bring your friends
Special pricing for groups of 3 or more
Bring your whole team
Groups of 6 get even bigger
Virtual Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO®)
VIRTUAL Class is delivered through Zoom Platform and led in real-time by a Braintrust expert instructor.
Led by our expert Agile trainers, this virtual, online leadership experience delivers the quality you’ve come to expect from The Braintrust Consulting Group from the convenience of your desktop or laptop. Virtual Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO®) is an innovative, interactive, online workshop that leads attendees into the world of Agile Product Management. The class is full of practical, real-world techniques, which can be implemented immediately at your workplace. This class will allow your organization to enjoy the many advantages Scrum has to offer. Hands-on exercises demonstrate key concepts and let you experience the benefits of Scrum firsthand.
THE BRAINTRUST DIFFERENCE:
- Digital E-book: Scrum for the Rest of Us Included
- Digital Scrum Process Diagram Included
- 1 on 1 Mentoring/Coaching Included
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
We’re so sure that you’ll love our new virtual classes that we’re offering a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all virtual classes. If you aren’t completely satisfied with your virtual experience, we’ll let you attend one of our future, in-person classes for free. (*some exclusions apply)
Brian M. Rabon, CST, PMP
Brian M. Rabon, CST, PMP is the President of The Braintrust Consulting Group, a worldwide leader in Agile transformations. Throughout his 16 years of IT industry experience, Brian has applied Agile methods in order to successfully deliver working product to his customers. Brian holds a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science from Auburn University and a Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
When not in the classroom, Brian can be found around the globe evangelizing the benefits of Agile to the likes of Agile 20XX, the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) many chapters, and the Scrum Alliance’s Scrum Gatherings. Brian is an avid blogger, writing for his company’s blog. To contact Brian please e-mail him at email@example.com or join him on LinkedIn.
"The last two days I attended the Scrum Alliance Certified Agile Leadership (CAL) Credential 1 course taught by Anu Smalley, CST from The Braintrust Consulting Group. It was a great training with several other seasoned Agile Leaders who are creating change in their teams and organizations. I was reminded that real change takes executive sponsorship, careful consideration, and willing team members. Companies who are committed to putting in the time and allowing the right people to get in the right seats can transform the way an organization delivers. I'm looking forward to using these Agile principles as I build a team who will thrive on a culture of process and system improvement."Chris H., Global IT Solutions
"This class does a great job of explaining and showcasing the strengths of agile development without making the rules rigid and inflexible. I feel that I have a solid groundwork for trying agile and seeing what works best for my team."Derek, Onramp Access
"By tying together Agile principles and engineering best practices, this course provides a springboard from which to improve one's technical output and team dynamic."Ted, Red Hat Inc.
I arrived with a good understanding of Scrum and still found the course tremendously valuable. They did a great job of providing a great value for all skill levels.Karl, Guthy-Renker
"An invaluable resource for learning, improving or cementing an understanding of Scrum."Matt, Naxos of America
Class Learning Objectives
As a Virtual Scrum Product Owner class participant, I want…
- To describe the Scrum framework, so that I can clearly comprehend the Scrum process
- To describe the roles and responsibilities in Scrum, so that I can understand who does what
- To do a Scrum simulation, so that I have a real-world example to base the class exercises on
- To demonstrate how to create a Product Vision Statement, so that I can establish a guiding light for the product, with the help of my Stakeholders
- To demonstrate how to create a Product Roadmap, so that I can chart a course for the team and help build consensus with my Stakeholders
- To demonstrate how to establish User Roles and Personas, so that I can ensure that I don’t miss an important Stakeholder’s business need
- To understand Story Mapping, so that I can walk my Stakeholders through my product and avoid missing some major functionality
- To understand how to test product assumptions, so that I build what my customers truly need
- To explain how to seed a Product Backlog, so that I can quickly establish enough Backlog items so that the team can start Sprinting
- To demonstrate how to write User Stories, so that I can clearly articulate the who, what, and why behind a Backlog item
- To demonstrate how to quickly assess business value, so that I can establish an initial priority for the Backlog items in my Product Backlog
- To list several ways to prioritize my Product Backlog, so that I can determine the best approach for the situation at hand
- To refine my Product Backlog, so that it is ready for Sprint Planning
- To demonstrate how to create a release plan, so that I can determine the best time to put the product increment in my Stakeholders’ hands
- To understand my role as a Product Owner during the Sprint, so that I know how I can best support my team
- To list areas where we might get into trouble so that I know what to look out for as my organization implements Scrum
- Learn while having fun
- Retain more information because of our unique teaching styles based on the latest research into brain science
- Be entertained by stories from our real-world experienced and knowledgeable instructors
- Maximize investments already made by gaining valuable Scrum Education Units® (SEUs) and Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- Increase your personal worth within your company and in the marketplace
- Earn your CSPO Certification from the convenience of your desk or laptop
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone interested in learning the benefits of Scrum
- Product Managers/Business Analysts
- Functional/Operational Managers
- Project Sponsors
- IT Leadership (Managers/Directors/VPs/CIOs/CTOs)
- Easy-to-use reminders of Scrum
- Downloadable class manual
- Digital copy of the Braintrust book Scrum for the Rest of Us
- 16 SEUs/16 PDUs
- Two-year membership to the Scrum Alliance
- Fulfill one of the requirements for the Certified Scrum Developer® (CSD®) certification
Cancellation Policy: In order to receive a refund you must notify us no later than 10 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 10 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class within the next 12 months and are subject to a $150 transfer fee.
Virtual Satisfaction Guarantee: Offer only valid if you contact us within 10 days of completing your virtual training class and request a free audit of an in-person training. Free audit is only available for the same class type as the virtual training that you completed. Subject to availability.
Privacy Notice: We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns.