- VIRTUAL (online)
- Tuesday, May 26, 2020
- Tuesday, May 26, 2020
- 10:00am – 4:00pm CDT
- 6 hours
Book early for early bird discount
Book 2 classes for combo discount
Bring your friends
Special pricing for groups of 3 or more
Bring your whole team
Groups of 6 get even bigger
Virtual Business Agility + Culture – Online
This one-day kickstarter class is perfect for anyone that wants to understand the role that organizational culture plays in overall Business Agility. You’ll leave this workshop with a better understanding of why culture matters and with a clear vision for how to influence your own culture of Business Agility. We’ll change the way you think about everything from your physical office space to the way you hire team members. You’ll leave with tangible, practical next steps that you can take to positively influence your organization’s culture.
Kate Megaw, CST, PMP
Kate is an IT professional with over 12 years of industry experience. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Management from The Queen’s University of Belfast, Northern Ireland. She is a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST) from the Scrum Alliance and a Project Management Professional (PMP) from Project Management Institute (PMI).
Kate is the Chief Operating Officer (COO) with The Braintrust Consulting Group, a worldwide leader in Agile transformations. Kate has spent much of her career managing and leading teams for global companies like XcitekSolutionsPlus (XSP) and H&R Block. She has founded and grown several community organizations such as Birmingham International Association of Microsoft Certified Partners (IAMCP), Agile Birmingham and TechBirmingham’s suite of TechMixer Events. In addition Kate has served as Vice President for Professional Development for PMI Birmingham.
"The last two days I attended the Scrum Alliance Certified Agile Leadership (CAL) Credential 1 course taught by Anu Smalley, CST from The Braintrust Consulting Group. It was a great training with several other seasoned Agile Leaders who are creating change in their teams and organizations. I was reminded that real change takes executive sponsorship, careful consideration, and willing team members. Companies who are committed to putting in the time and allowing the right people to get in the right seats can transform the way an organization delivers. I'm looking forward to using these Agile principles as I build a team who will thrive on a culture of process and system improvement."Chris H., Global IT Solutions
"This class does a great job of explaining and showcasing the strengths of agile development without making the rules rigid and inflexible. I feel that I have a solid groundwork for trying agile and seeing what works best for my team."Derek, Onramp Access
"By tying together Agile principles and engineering best practices, this course provides a springboard from which to improve one's technical output and team dynamic."Ted, Red Hat Inc.
I arrived with a good understanding of Scrum and still found the course tremendously valuable. They did a great job of providing a great value for all skill levels.Karl, Guthy-Renker
"An invaluable resource for learning, improving or cementing an understanding of Scrum."Matt, Naxos of America
Class Learning Objectives
As a leader who desires to improve Business Agility through culture, I want to…
- Define the key tenets of Agile Leadership and how they relate to Business Agility.
- Define what culture is so that I can have a shared understanding with my organization.
- Assess my organization’s culture so that I can have a baseline with which to measure progress against.
- Understand why having and sharing an actionable vision, and associated core values, are fundamental to building a sustainable culture.
- Survey the key influencers of culture so that I can determine the best areas in which to focus my efforts.
- List the steps of a proven cultural Change Management Model so that I can effectively lead.
- Better learn how to influence others so that I can affect broader cultural change within my organization.
- Have a dedicated Q&A session with a Business Agility expert regarding the challenges I face at my particular organization, and how I can overcome them.
Your team members will demonstrate…
- Higher Business Agility
- Greater engagement
- Improved morale
- Elevated confidence (in the organization and in themselves)
- Enhanced innovation
- Increased personal accountability
- Higher job satisfaction (which boosts retention)
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who is interested in learning how culture plays a key role in overall Business Agility.
- Culture binder with printed class materials
- A cultural assessment of your organization’s Business Agility
Cancellation Policy: In order to receive a refund you must notify us no later than 10 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 10 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class within the next 12 months and are subject to a $150 transfer fee.
Virtual Satisfaction Guarantee: Offer only valid if you contact us within 10 days of completing your virtual training class and request a free audit of an in-person training. Free audit is only available for the same class type as the virtual training that you completed. Subject to availability.
Privacy Notice: We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns.