- Holiday Inn Express & Suites – Brentwood
- 5566 Franklin Pike Circle
Brentwood, TN 37027
- Tuesday, May 10, 2016
- 8:30am – 4:30pm CDT
- 1 Day
Book early for early bird discount
Book 2 classes for combo discount
Bring your friends
Special pricing for groups of 3 or more
Bring your whole team
Groups of 6 get even bigger
User Story Workshop – Nashville, TN
The User Story Workshop is a full-day workshop for Business Analysts, Product Owners, and anyone who will be involved in the writing of User Stories. The course focuses on how to gather Agile requirements and document them as User Stories. This is a very hands-on course and features many exercises that solidify key course concepts. Whenever possible, real-world examples are brought in from the course participants work in order to jumpstart their next Agile project.
Erick Fleming, CSM, JCD, MCT, MSCD, CSD
Erick Fleming, CSM, JCD, MCT, MSCD is a certified .NET and Java Developer with over 17 years of programming and training experience. Erick holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems from University of South Florida. Erick is an instructor for The Braintrust Consulting Group, a provider of complete project management solutions for a wide range of software related projects. Braintrust blends People, Process, Tools, and Training into one seamless formula in order to help their clients break through roadblocks, improve processes, meet deadlines, and exceed goals. In addition, Erick has spent most of his career training and consulting with organizations on technologies ranging from .NET and Java to Linux and other open source tools. Specializing in cloud-based web solutions. To contact Erick please e-mail him at email@example.com.
"Interactive class that presents a lot of information which is not overwhelming and has a lot of good and interesting exercises."Andrea, Wika Instrument, LP
"Good mix of lecture, discussion and activities."Tammy, Nationwide Insurance
"This was a fun, interactive class in which I learned how to write great user stories through hands-on learning."Stephanie, Delta Dental of Iowa
"This class dives deep into how to create, manage and prioritize user stories. Interactive group activities make it fun and engaging. Erick is clearly an expert on the subject matter and I would definitely recommend this class to anyone interested in improving scrum processes at work."Phil, Higher Learning Technologies
"I've never taken a class that kept my interest and engaged me more than this one. The format encouraged all attendees to be comfortable participating and the accessibility of the instructor made the learning environment comfortable."Lauren, Petsmart
Class Learning Objectives
- Demonstrate how to create a Product Vision Statement, so that I can establish a guiding light for the product, with the help of my Stakeholders.
- Demonstrate how to establish User Roles, so that I can ensure that I don’t miss an important Stakeholder’s business need.
- Describe the User Story format, so that I can clearly comprehend the importance of each section.
- Be able to understand the importance of quality Acceptance Criteria, so that I can produce effective User Stories.
- Practice writing User Stories, so that I am more comfortable when I start doing it for real.
- Explain how to tell a good User Story from a bad one, so that I can create a better Product Backlog.
- Understand what the term “epic” means, so that when I write User Stories I understand how they can be at different levels.
- Understand the concept of Story Mapping, so that I can use it as a method to gather User Stories.
- Learn to capture Stakeholder business needs
- Produce effective User Stories
- Create better Product Backlogs
- Learn the method of Story Mapping for better User Stories
Who Should Attend?
- Business Analysts
- Product Managers/Owners
- Anyone who will be involved in writing User Stories
- Thorough understanding of User Stories and their benefits
- A new outlook on the way you write and use User Stories
- Practical examples of good and bad User Stories
- The knowledge necessary for incorporating User Stories into your working environment
Cancellation Policy: In order to receive a refund you must notify us no later than 10 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 10 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class within the next 12 months and are subject to a $150 transfer fee.
Virtual Satisfaction Guarantee: Offer only valid if you contact us within 10 days of completing your virtual training class and request a free audit of an in-person training. Free audit is only available for the same class type as the virtual training that you completed. Subject to availability.
Privacy Notice: We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns.