- VIRTUAL (online)
- Friday, September 11, 2020
- Friday, September 11, 2020
- 9:00am – 12:00pm CDT
- 3 hours
Book early for early bird discount
Book 2 classes for combo discount
Bring your friends
Special pricing for groups of 3 or more
Bring your whole team
Groups of 6 get even bigger
Canceled – User Story Online Workshop
The User Story—Live, Online Workshop is a three-hour workshop for Business Analysts, Product Owners, and anyone who will be involved with the writing of User Stories. The course focuses on how to gather Agile requirements and document them as User Stories. This is a very hands-on course and features many exercises that solidify key course concepts. Whenever possible real-world examples are brought in from the course participants work in order to jumpstart their next Agile project.
Bill Schaller, CSP, CSM, CSPO
Bill Schaller, CSP has 20+ years of IT and high-tech industry experience with large-scale software development projects within multi-national companies. His roles include applications specialist, network security analyst, software manager, project manager, scrummaster, agile coach and lean management consultant.
He has successfully been practicing Agile/Scrum/XP/Lean for the past 8 years. His experience includes scaling up Scrum within large telecom companies, troubleshooting large ecommerce projects, accelerating new web and mobile application project launches and working within a fast paced digital media company to improve reliability and time to market challenges.
Bill provides hands-on training and coaching for new and existing teams as well as consulting and collaborating with stakeholders at all levels of an organization. He has the ability to coach organizations that are transitioning teams and PMO from a functional/silo mentality to a collaborative product/customer centric organization.
"The last two days I attended the Scrum Alliance Certified Agile Leadership (CAL) Credential 1 course taught by Anu Smalley, CST from The Braintrust Consulting Group. It was a great training with several other seasoned Agile Leaders who are creating change in their teams and organizations. I was reminded that real change takes executive sponsorship, careful consideration, and willing team members. Companies who are committed to putting in the time and allowing the right people to get in the right seats can transform the way an organization delivers. I'm looking forward to using these Agile principles as I build a team who will thrive on a culture of process and system improvement."Chris H., Global IT Solutions
"This class does a great job of explaining and showcasing the strengths of agile development without making the rules rigid and inflexible. I feel that I have a solid groundwork for trying agile and seeing what works best for my team."Derek, Onramp Access
"By tying together Agile principles and engineering best practices, this course provides a springboard from which to improve one's technical output and team dynamic."Ted, Red Hat Inc.
I arrived with a good understanding of Scrum and still found the course tremendously valuable. They did a great job of providing a great value for all skill levels.Karl, Guthy-Renker
"An invaluable resource for learning, improving or cementing an understanding of Scrum."Matt, Naxos of America
Class Learning Objectives
1. As a class participant, I want to explore product vision statements, so that I can understand how to apply them to the story writing process.
2. As a class participant, I want to demonstrate how to model roles and personas, so that I can ensure my stories are targeting the most valuable use cases.
3. As a class participant, I want to explore ways to refine a product backlog, so that I can identify the appropriate detail in my stories.
4. As a class participant, I want to define the concept of User Stories, so that I can ensure the team is collecting the appropriate information.
5. As a class participant, I want to explain key elements of a good user story, so that I can create a better product backlog.
6. As a class participant, I want to learn techniques to split stories into smaller ones, so that I can create stories that are completed in a short period of time.
• Learn to capture stakeholder business needs
• Produce effective User Stories
• Create better product backlogs
• Learn the method of story mapping for better User Stories
Who Should Attend?
- Business Analysts
- Product Owners
- Anyone who will be involved in the writing of User Stories
• Thorough understanding of User Stories and their benefits
• A new outlook on the way you write and use User Stories with practical examples of good and bad User Stories
Cancellation Policy: In order to receive a refund you must notify us no later than 10 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 10 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class within the next 12 months and are subject to a $150 transfer fee.
Virtual Satisfaction Guarantee: Offer only valid if you contact us within 10 days of completing your virtual training class and request a free audit of an in-person training. Free audit is only available for the same class type as the virtual training that you completed. Subject to availability.
Privacy Notice: We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any concerns.