- Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel
- 2200 S IH 35 Frontage Rd.
Austin, TX 78704
- Thursday, May 16, 2019
- Friday, May 17, 2019
- 8:30am – 4:30pm
- 2 Days
Book early for early bird discount
Book 2 classes for combo discount
Bring your friends
Special pricing for groups of 3 or more
Bring your whole team
Groups of 6 get even bigger
Training From the Back of the Room
Take your training skills to a more advanced level as you discover how the human brain really learns which is very different from traditional assumptions about learning. Explore the most current “cognitive neuroscience” about effective instruction – how the brain takes in, stores, retrieves and uses knowledge. Discover six powerful learning principles based on the best of brain science, then apply these principles every time you train, teach, or coach others.
These Accelerated Learning principles go hand-in-hand with team-based Agile and Scrum processes and principles. If you are an Agile coach or Scrum trainer, you will be especially pleased to discover how to combine Agile/Scrum concepts with collaborative learner-engagement.
During this dynamic, two-day training program, you will also practice using the 4Cs instructional design “map” with the content you teach, regardless of the complexity of the topic, size of the class, or level of learners. The 4Cs is a brain-based, four-step, Accelerated Learning instructional design model now used by hundreds of Agile coaches and Scrum trainers around the world.
Brian Rabon & Nicole Fleming
This class will be co-trained by Braintrust President, Brian Rabon and Nicole Fleming.
Brian M. Rabon, CST, PMP is the President of The Braintrust Consulting Group, a worldwide leader in Agile transformations. Throughout his 16 years of IT industry experience, Brian has applied Agile methods in order to successfully deliver working product to his customers. Brian holds a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science from Auburn University and a Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
When not in the classroom, Brian can be found around the globe evangelizing the benefits of Agile to the likes of Agile 20XX, the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) many chapters, and the Scrum Alliance’s Scrum Gatherings. Brian is an avid blogger, writing for his company’s blog. To contact Brian please e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org or join him on LinkedIn.
Nicole Fleming first became interested in TBR through her role with The Braintrust Consulting Group. As the operations director for Braintrust and as a facilitator for the Center For Agile Leadership, Nicole has observed hundreds of training classes in a wide variety of formats and venues. But something always stood out to her when instructors utilized back of the room teaching techniques. Her initial interest led her to study under Sharon Bowman and eventually earn her certification in Training Form The Back of The Room. After studying the best trainers in the world including Sharon Bowman and Brian Rabon, Nicole is taking what she has learned from these experts and applying her own unique perspective and approach to training.
"The last two days I attended the Scrum Alliance Certified Agile Leadership (CAL) Credential 1 course taught by Anu Smalley, CST from The Braintrust Consulting Group. It was a great training with several other seasoned Agile Leaders who are creating change in their teams and organizations. I was reminded that real change takes executive sponsorship, careful consideration, and willing team members. Companies who are committed to putting in the time and allowing the right people to get in the right seats can transform the way an organization delivers. I'm looking forward to using these Agile principles as I build a team who will thrive on a culture of process and system improvement."Chris H., Global IT Solutions
"This class does a great job of explaining and showcasing the strengths of agile development without making the rules rigid and inflexible. I feel that I have a solid groundwork for trying agile and seeing what works best for my team."Derek, Onramp Access
"By tying together Agile principles and engineering best practices, this course provides a springboard from which to improve one's technical output and team dynamic."Ted, Red Hat Inc.
I arrived with a good understanding of Scrum and still found the course tremendously valuable. They did a great job of providing a great value for all skill levels.Karl, Guthy-Renker
"An invaluable resource for learning, improving or cementing an understanding of Scrum."Matt, Naxos of America
Class Learning Objectives
- Explain and define the most current brain science about human learning – information that is directly applicable to all instruction, whether in classrooms, one-on-one, or computer-based.
- Apply “The Six Trumps” – six learning principles based on brain science that will significantly enhance learning and retention, regardless of the content being taught.
- Recognize these six learning principles in action.
- Use these principles in any learning environment: classroom, e-learning, one-on-one, small and large group instruction.
- Combine brain science and technology and enhance learning by using both in creative, collaborative ways.
- Access new resources that will expand your knowledge of the most current brain science about human learning.
- Utilize a trainer’s tool bag of practical tips and activities – a collection of best practices that you created during the training program.
- For Agile coaches and Scrum trainers: Combine Agile and Scrum processes and principles with Accelerated Learning to create collaborative, interactive, fun and memorable learning experiences.
Leave this train-the-trainer event with a trainer’s tool bag of practical, brain-based instructional strategies you can put to use immediately in your own training programs. You’ll also leave with a 55-page workbook filled with new resources and brain science information, as well as copies of Sharon Bowman’s best-selling books, Training from the BACK of the Room and Using Brain Science to Make Training Stick.
Who Should Attend?
- Agile Coaches & Trainers
- Anyone who needs to engage an audience!
- Sharon’s best-selling book Training from the BACK of the Room! 65 Ways to Step Aside and Let Them Learn
- Sharon’s newest book Using Brain Science to Make Training Stick
- A copy of the 55-page participant workbook that is only available with this program
- A collection of “brain activating tools” – game prizes, training souvenirs, and learning aids – that can be used in the participant’s own training programs
- A certificate of completion
Cancellation Policy: In order to receive a refund you must notify us no later than 10 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 10 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class within the next 12 months and are subject to a $150 transfer fee.
Privacy Notice: We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any concerns.