- VIRTUAL (online)
- Monday, September 21, 2020
- Monday, September 21, 2020
- 9:00am – 5:00pm CDT
- 1 Day
Book early for early bird discount
Book 2 classes for combo discount
Bring your friends
Special pricing for groups of 3 or more
Bring your whole team
Groups of 6 get even bigger
Canceled – Scrum Essentials Online Workshop
This virtual workshop is an in-depth immersion into the world of Scrum. It is ideal for anyone who is interested in learning more about the benefits of Scrum. Scrum Essentials is full of practical, real-world techniques that can be implemented immediately at your workplace. Hands-on exercises demonstrate key concepts and let you experience the benefits of Scrum firsthand.
Bill Schaller, CSP, CSM, CSPO
Bill Schaller, CSP has 20+ years of IT and high-tech industry experience with large-scale software development projects within multi-national companies. His roles include applications specialist, network security analyst, software manager, project manager, scrummaster, agile coach and lean management consultant.
He has successfully been practicing Agile/Scrum/XP/Lean for the past 8 years. His experience includes scaling up Scrum within large telecom companies, troubleshooting large ecommerce projects, accelerating new web and mobile application project launches and working within a fast paced digital media company to improve reliability and time to market challenges.
Bill provides hands-on training and coaching for new and existing teams as well as consulting and collaborating with stakeholders at all levels of an organization. He has the ability to coach organizations that are transitioning teams and PMO from a functional/silo mentality to a collaborative product/customer centric organization.
"The last two days I attended the Scrum Alliance Certified Agile Leadership (CAL) Credential 1 course taught by Anu Smalley, CST from The Braintrust Consulting Group. It was a great training with several other seasoned Agile Leaders who are creating change in their teams and organizations. I was reminded that real change takes executive sponsorship, careful consideration, and willing team members. Companies who are committed to putting in the time and allowing the right people to get in the right seats can transform the way an organization delivers. I'm looking forward to using these Agile principles as I build a team who will thrive on a culture of process and system improvement."Chris H., Global IT Solutions
"This class does a great job of explaining and showcasing the strengths of agile development without making the rules rigid and inflexible. I feel that I have a solid groundwork for trying agile and seeing what works best for my team."Derek, Onramp Access
"By tying together Agile principles and engineering best practices, this course provides a springboard from which to improve one's technical output and team dynamic."Ted, Red Hat Inc.
I arrived with a good understanding of Scrum and still found the course tremendously valuable. They did a great job of providing a great value for all skill levels.Karl, Guthy-Renker
"An invaluable resource for learning, improving or cementing an understanding of Scrum."Matt, Naxos of America
Class Learning Objectives
As a Scrum Essentials class participant, I want to…
1. Explain the theories Scrum is based on, so that I know why Scrum works.
2. Understand Agile, so that I can distinguish it from Scrum.
3. Describe the overall Scrum Framework, so that I know how the parts of Scrum integrate.
4. List the roles of Scrum, so that I can know how the members of a Scrum team work together.
5. Use support Scrum Artifacts, so that the team can better radiate valuable information.
6. List and explain the key meetings in Scrum, so that I know what is happening before, during and after each Sprint.
7. Experience a Scrum Sprint, so that I can learn by doing.
8. Use the right metrics, so that the team has data for continuous improvement.
- You will learn how to increase customer satisfaction and time to market delivery.
- You will learn how to properly align your development efforts around delivering the highest business value features first.
- You will learn how to gain organizational trust and improve your team’s reputation for on-time and on-budget delivery by setting them up for frequent successes.
- You will learn how to experience higher team morale and productivity with a fundamental shift in management style.
- You will learn to focus your personnel efforts on the highest value tasks that will have an immediate impact on your team’s level of success.
- You will improve your communications, through transparency and “pull” versus “push” systems.
- You will learn to achieve greater flexibility and add value to your organization.
Who Should Attend?
- Business Analysts
- Database Administrators
- Network Engineers
- Quality Testers
- Software Developers
- Technical Writers
- Anyone interested in learning about the benefits of Scrum
- 3 SEUs/3 PDUs
- Thorough understanding about Agile using Scrum
- A new outlook on the way you manage your project team
- A framework for understanding whether Agile is right for your organization
- The knowledge necessary for incorporating Agile practices into your working environment
Cancellation Policy: In order to receive a refund you must notify us no later than 10 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 10 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class within the next 12 months and are subject to a $150 transfer fee.
Virtual Satisfaction Guarantee: Offer only valid if you contact us within 10 days of completing your virtual training class and request a free audit of an in-person training. Free audit is only available for the same class type as the virtual training that you completed. Subject to availability.
Privacy Notice: We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any concerns.