- Best Western Plus Thousand Oaks Inn
- 75 W Thousand Oaks Blvd
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
- Thursday, May 5, 2016
- 8:30am – 4:30pmCDT
- 1 Day
Book early for early bird discount
Book 2 classes for combo discount
Bring your friends
Special pricing for groups of 3 or more
Bring your whole team
Groups of 6 get even bigger
Kanban Essentials (KE) – Los Angeles, CA
In this high-energy, interactive, and fun one-day class, you’ll be introduced to the essentials of Kanban. Kanban is a method for managing the creation of products with an emphasis on Continuous Delivery while not overburdening the Development Team. Like Scrum, Kanban promotes continuous collaboration and encourages active, ongoing learning and improving by defining the best possible team workflow. This class is full of practical, real world techniques, which can be implemented immediately at your workplace. Hands-on exercises demonstrate key concepts and let you experience the benefits of Kanban firsthand. You’ll learn to visualize what you do each day, how to limit the amount of work in progress, and how to enhance your workflow.
Erick Fleming, CSM, JCD, MCT, MSCD, CSD
Erick Fleming, CSM, JCD, MCT, MSCD is a certified .NET and Java Developer with over 17 years of programming and training experience. Erick holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems from University of South Florida. Erick is an instructor for The Braintrust Consulting Group, a provider of complete project management solutions for a wide range of software related projects. Braintrust blends People, Process, Tools, and Training into one seamless formula in order to help their clients break through roadblocks, improve processes, meet deadlines, and exceed goals. In addition, Erick has spent most of his career training and consulting with organizations on technologies ranging from .NET and Java to Linux and other open source tools. Specializing in cloud-based web solutions. To contact Erick please e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
"I believe all companies or teams need to be introduced to Kanban Essentials. It is not just for the work place, but can be used in everyday life. It helps to keep control over all projects and/or tasks that need to be completed."Kim, Vanderbilt Medical Center
"This class was very well instructed and offered valuable insights that I can apply at my work."Keith, Tdot
"This class taught me the principles behind kanban and what it can do to empower teams and drive continual improvement."Ronald, Varsity
"If you feel kanban might be something you feel may be a good fit for your business; this class will get you on the right path."Todd, Tdot
"Great introduction to kanban, with some insights into advanced topics. The instructor was knowledgable and enthusiastic."Chris, Pica Group
Class Learning Objectives
- Understand how to describe Kanban, so that you can better appreciate it.
- Visualize your work, so that you can identify wasteful activities.
- Apply Work In Process limits to improve quality.
- Make policies explicit, so that you can establish trust.
- Implement feedback loops, so that you can improve faster.
- Manage flow, so that you can improve predictability.
- Improve collaboratively and evolve experimentally, so that Kanban works for your real-world environment.
- Increase quality though increased focus and clear communication of standards
- Increase team morale by granting permission to self-improve
- Properly align your development efforts around delivering prioritized features first
- Improve communications through transparency and “pull” versus “push” systems
- Increase the value delivered to your organization through a “finisher” mentality
- Develop a method that is custom fit for the unique contexts of your organization
- Start Kanban the day after the class, seeing faster returns on investment than other development approaches
- Improve relationships between IT, the business, and your customers through shared understanding
Who Should Attend?
- Project Managers
- Software Development Managers
- Senior IT Leadership (Directors/VPs/CIOs/CTOs)
- Kanban Team Members
- Anyone interested in learning about the benefits of Kanban
- Thorough understanding of Kanban and its benefits
- A new outlook on the way you manage your work
- A framework for understanding whether Kanban is right for your organization
- The knowledge necessary for incorporating Kanban practices into your working environment
Cancellation Policy: In order to receive a refund you must notify us no later than 10 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 10 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class within the next 12 months and are subject to a $150 transfer fee.
Virtual Satisfaction Guarantee: Offer only valid if you contact us within 10 days of completing your virtual training class and request a free audit of an in-person training. Free audit is only available for the same class type as the virtual training that you completed. Subject to availability.
Privacy Notice: We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any concerns.