- Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa Northwest/Oldsmar
- 4017 Tampa Road
Oldsmar, FL 34677
- Monday, October 22, 2018
- Tuesday, October 23, 2018
- 9:00am – 5:00pm CDT
- 2 Days
Book early for early bird discount
Book 2 classes for combo discount
Bring your friends
Special pricing for groups of 3 or more
Bring your whole team
Groups of 6 get even bigger
Certified Scrum@Scale Practitioner – Tampa, FL
Since this is not an introductory course to Scrum, attendees are expected to have earned the two-day Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®) or Certified Scrum Product Owner®(CSPO®) credential or its equivalent. Alternatively, comparable real-world experience implementing Scrum is highly beneficial.
As found in the Scrum@Scale Guide, Scrum focuses on individual teams to design, deliver, and sustain complex products. But what happens when you have multiple Scrum teams, perhaps even working on different objectives?
In this two-day Scrum@Scale® course, you will learn how to apply fundamental Scrum and Lean product development skills to scale Scrum from one to many teams across any sized initiative. Scrum@Scale courses are interactive and teach how to scale Scrum through a combination of lectures, hands-on exercises, and real-world case studies.
Fred Mastropasqua, CST, CS@ST, CSP, PMI-ACP
Fred Mastropasqua is a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST), Professional (CSP), Master (CSM), Developer (CSD) Product Owner (CSPO), an Agile Practitioner with the PMI group (PMI-ACP), and a Microsoft System Engineer (MSCE) with over 20 years of experience with Windows Networking and Software Development. Holding roles such as Senior IT Manager of Applications, Director of Application Development, Agile Coach & Trainer, Scrum Master, Network Engineer, .NET Developer, IT Manager, and Software Engineer. His robust experience makes him a very well-rounded IT professional, with an understanding across all IT disciplines and the business. Fred is a Co-Founder of Clearly Agile, Inc., where he works with clients on custom business applications for both cloud and mobile platforms.
"The last two days I attended the Scrum Alliance Certified Agile Leadership (CAL) Credential 1 course taught by Anu Smalley, CST from The Braintrust Consulting Group. It was a great training with several other seasoned Agile Leaders who are creating change in their teams and organizations. I was reminded that real change takes executive sponsorship, careful consideration, and willing team members. Companies who are committed to putting in the time and allowing the right people to get in the right seats can transform the way an organization delivers. I'm looking forward to using these Agile principles as I build a team who will thrive on a culture of process and system improvement."Chris H., Global IT Solutions
"This class does a great job of explaining and showcasing the strengths of agile development without making the rules rigid and inflexible. I feel that I have a solid groundwork for trying agile and seeing what works best for my team."Derek, Onramp Access
"By tying together Agile principles and engineering best practices, this course provides a springboard from which to improve one's technical output and team dynamic."Ted, Red Hat Inc.
I arrived with a good understanding of Scrum and still found the course tremendously valuable. They did a great job of providing a great value for all skill levels.Karl, Guthy-Renker
"An invaluable resource for learning, improving or cementing an understanding of Scrum."Matt, Naxos of America
Class Learning Objectives
Scrum@Scale® focuses on the organization as a whole, emphasizing how to optimize coordination with “minimum viable bureaucracy.” You will learn the various components of the Scrum@Scale framework, such as scaled roles, scaled events, and enterprise artifacts.
Some concepts in the course include:
- The elements of the Scrum Master Cycle (the “how” of Scrum), including concepts such as cross-team coordination, impediment removal, and the Executive Action Team
- The elements of the Product Owner Cycle (the “why” of Scrum), including concepts such as strategic planning, release planning, and the Executive Meta-Scrum
- How these elements combine together to optimize organizational effectiveness
- Where should you get started with your Scrum@Scale implementation
Once you understand how these elements can help transform your organization holistically, you can create a plan specifically tailored and prioritized to your situation. Implement what you’re ready for, building upon the elements of the framework over time.
- As a Certified Scrum@Scale Practitioner, you will learn how to apply fundamental Scrum and Lean product development skills to scale Scrum from one to many teams across any sized initiative.
- Becoming a Certified Scrum@Scale Practitioner (CSaSP) takes two steps:
- (1) Attend a highly engaging, two-day workshop
- (2) Pass the online CSaSP certification test
- Upon passing the CSaSP exam, you will receive a certificate and a two-year membership in Scrum@Scale.
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone who is interested in learning more about this modular scaling framework that enables the efficient coordination across an unlimited number of Scrum teams through its use of a “scale-free” architecture
- Since this is not an introductory course to Scrum, attendees are expected to have earned the two-day Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®) or Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO®) credential or its equivalent. Alternatively, comparable real-world experience implementing Scrum is highly beneficial.
- The Scrum Alliance has approved Scrum@Scale as a Continuing Education course. You can get up to 16 Scrum Education Units® (SEUs) in addition to 16 Project Management Institute PDUs by participating in our two-day course.
Cancellation Policy: In order to receive a refund you must notify us no later than 10 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 10 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class within the next 12 months and are subject to a $150 transfer fee.
Virtual Satisfaction Guarantee: Offer only valid if you contact us within 10 days of completing your virtual training class and request a free audit of an in-person training. Free audit is only available for the same class type as the virtual training that you completed. Subject to availability.
Privacy Notice: We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any concerns.