- Residence Inn Nashville Brentwood
- 206 Ward Circle
Brentwood, TN 37027
- Monday, May 6, 2019
- Tuesday, May 7, 2019
- 8:30am – 5:00pm
- 2 Days
Book early for early bird discount
Book 2 classes for combo discount
Bring your friends
Special pricing for groups of 3 or more
Bring your whole team
Groups of 6 get even bigger
Certified Scrum@Scale Practitioner – Nashville, TN
Since this is not an introductory course to Scrum, attendees are expected to have earned the two-day Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®) or Certified Scrum Product Owner®(CSPO®) credential or its equivalent. Alternatively, comparable real-world experience implementing Scrum is highly beneficial.
As found in the Scrum@Scale Guide, Scrum focuses on individual teams to design, deliver, and sustain complex products. But what happens when you have multiple Scrum teams, perhaps even working on different objectives?
In this two-day Scrum@Scale® course, you will learn how to apply fundamental Scrum and Lean product development skills to scale Scrum from one to many teams across any sized initiative. Scrum@Scale courses are interactive and teach how to scale Scrum through a combination of lectures, hands-on exercises, and real-world case studies.
Steve Martin, Trainer, Certified Scrum@Scale Trainer, CSM, CSPO, CSP-SM, CSP-PO, PMI-ACP
Steven Martin has over 25 years experience, with the last decade focused specifically helping organizations make the transition to Scrum and Agile ways of working. Steven has worked in a wide range of industries including Healthcare IT, Finance, Insurance, Biotechnology, Medical Devices, Publishing, and Communications. He is an avid distance cyclist and can be found at your local bakery. Steven has co-trained with Dr. Jeff Sutherland, and he is known for his highly interactive, thought-provoking workshops and conference presentations.
"The last two days I attended the Scrum Alliance Certified Agile Leadership (CAL) Credential 1 course taught by Anu Smalley, CST from The Braintrust Consulting Group. It was a great training with several other seasoned Agile Leaders who are creating change in their teams and organizations. I was reminded that real change takes executive sponsorship, careful consideration, and willing team members. Companies who are committed to putting in the time and allowing the right people to get in the right seats can transform the way an organization delivers. I'm looking forward to using these Agile principles as I build a team who will thrive on a culture of process and system improvement."Chris H., Global IT Solutions
"This class does a great job of explaining and showcasing the strengths of agile development without making the rules rigid and inflexible. I feel that I have a solid groundwork for trying agile and seeing what works best for my team."Derek, Onramp Access
"By tying together Agile principles and engineering best practices, this course provides a springboard from which to improve one's technical output and team dynamic."Ted, Red Hat Inc.
I arrived with a good understanding of Scrum and still found the course tremendously valuable. They did a great job of providing a great value for all skill levels.Karl, Guthy-Renker
"An invaluable resource for learning, improving or cementing an understanding of Scrum."Matt, Naxos of America
Class Learning Objectives
Scrum@Scale® focuses on the organization as a whole, emphasizing how to optimize coordination with “minimum viable bureaucracy.” You will learn the various components of the Scrum@Scale framework, such as scaled roles, scaled events, and enterprise artifacts.
Some concepts in the course include:
- The elements of the Scrum Master Cycle (the “how” of Scrum), including concepts such as cross-team coordination, impediment removal, and the Executive Action Team
- The elements of the Product Owner Cycle (the “why” of Scrum), including concepts such as strategic planning, release planning, and the Executive Meta-Scrum
- How these elements combine together to optimize organizational effectiveness
- Where should you get started with your Scrum@Scale implementation
Once you understand how these elements can help transform your organization holistically, you can create a plan specifically tailored and prioritized to your situation. Implement what you’re ready for, building upon the elements of the framework over time.
- As a Certified Scrum@Scale Practitioner, you will learn how to apply fundamental Scrum and Lean product development skills to scale Scrum from one to many teams across any sized initiative.
- Becoming a Certified Scrum@Scale Practitioner (CSaSP) takes two steps:
- (1) Attend a highly engaging, two-day workshop
- (2) Pass the online CSaSP certification test
- Upon passing the CSaSP exam, you will receive a certificate and a two-year membership in Scrum@Scale.
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone who is interested in learning more about this modular scaling framework that enables the efficient coordination across an unlimited number of Scrum teams through its use of a “scale-free” architecture
- Since this is not an introductory course to Scrum, attendees are expected to have earned the two-day Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®) or Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO®) credential or its equivalent. Alternatively, comparable real-world experience implementing Scrum is highly beneficial.
- The Scrum Alliance has approved Scrum@Scale as a Continuing Education course. You can get up to 16 Scrum Education Units® (SEUs) in addition to 16 Project Management Institute PDUs by participating in our two-day course.
Cancellation Policy: In order to receive a refund you must notify us no later than 10 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 10 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class within the next 12 months and are subject to a $150 transfer fee.
Privacy Notice: We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any concerns.