- Cambria Hotels & Suites Raleigh Durham Airport
- 300 Airgate Dr.
Morrisville, NC 27560
- Thursday, April 16, 2020
- Friday, April 17, 2020
- 8:30am – 5:00pm CDT
- 2 Days
Book early for early bird discount
Book 2 classes for combo discount
Bring your friends
Special pricing for groups of 3 or more
Bring your whole team
Groups of 6 get even bigger
Canceled – Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) – Raleigh, NC
Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO®) is an in-depth, two-day immersion into the world of Agile Product Management. The class is full of practical, real-world techniques, which can be implemented immediately at your workplace. This class will allow your organization to enjoy the many advantages Scrum has to offer. Hands-on exercises demonstrate key concepts and let you experience the benefits of Scrum firsthand.
John Miller, CSP, PMP
John Miller, CSP, PMP is an IT professional with over 15 years of industry experience. John holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from The New Jersey City University. He is a Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) from the Scrum Alliance, a Project Management Professional (PMP) from Project Management Institute (PMI), ITIL Foundations Certified, State Government Certified Project Manager from the Government Information Technology Agency (GITA), and a Certified Support Center Director from the Help Desk Institute.
John is an Agile Trainer and Coach with The Braintrust Consulting Group, a provider of complete project management services for a wide range of software related projects. Braintrust blends People, Process, Tools, and Training into one seamless formula in order to help their clients break through roadblocks, improve processes, meet deadlines, and exceed goals.
With a background in project management and IT Operations Management, John has spent much of his career managing and leading teams for companies like Register.com, Imbot.com, and local government organizations such as the Baltimore City Police Department and school districts. John has founded and grown several community groups such as West Phoenix Scrum Users Group and Agile Schools.
John has 10 years experience in the education and training industry, He has worked with numerous organizations to support their training and coaching needs, whether they are for ongoing training or support during new project initiatives.
John is a frequent presenter at technology conferences and was a speaker at Scrum Alliance Global Gathering - Atlanta. He enjoys sharing his love of project management, agile framework, and IT operations management with The Braintrust Consulting Groups’ clients.
"Good flow, great instructor with a passion for his topics. Lots of new information. Left me wanting more."Tracy, Ingersoll-Rand
"An invaluable resource for learning, improving or cementing an understanding of Scrum."Matt, Naxos of America
"I really enjoyed this class. It was both informative an interactive. It had many well organized simulations which really helped in the learning process. This was the first class I've ever taken where I didn't nod off at times!!"George, Sensus USA
"Scrum is a complex process and a large mindset change. This course made a huge difference in overcoming those challenges."Kevin, H&R Block
"It was very informative and fun. The instructor is very knowledgeable and relates the class to real world situations."Terri, XSP
Class Learning Objectives
As a Scrum Product Owner class participant, I want…
- To describe the Scrum framework, so that I can clearly comprehend the Scrum process
- To describe the roles and responsibilities in Scrum, so that I can understand who does what
- To do a Scrum simulation, so that I have a real-world example to base the class exercises on
- To demonstrate how to create a Product Vision Statement, so that I can establish a guiding light for the product, with the help of my Stakeholders
- To demonstrate how to create a Product Roadmap, so that I can chart a course for the team and help build consensus with my Stakeholders
- To demonstrate how to establish User Roles and Personas, so that I can ensure that I don’t miss an important Stakeholder’s business need
- To understand Story Mapping, so that I can walk my Stakeholders through my product and avoid missing some major functionality
- To understand how to test product assumptions, so that I build what my customers truly need
- To explain how to seed a Product Backlog, so that I can quickly establish enough Backlog items so that the team can start Sprinting
- To demonstrate how to write User Stories, so that I can clearly articulate the who, what, and why behind a Backlog item
- To demonstrate how to quickly assess business value, so that I can establish an initial priority for the Backlog items in my Product Backlog
- To list several ways to prioritize my Product Backlog, so that I can determine the best approach for the situation at hand
- To refine my Product Backlog, so that it is ready for Sprint Planning
- To demonstrate how to create a release plan, so that I can determine the best time to put the product increment in my Stakeholders’ hands
- To understand my role as a Product Owner during the Sprint, so that I know how I can best support my team
- To list areas where we might get into trouble so that I know what to look out for as my organization implements Scrum
- Learn while having fun
- Retain more information because of our unique hands-on approach, based on the latest research into brain science
- Be entertained by stories from our real-world experienced and knowledgeable instructors
- Maximize investments already made by gaining valuable Scrum Education Units® (SEUs) and Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- Increase your personal worth within your company and in the marketplace
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone interested in learning the benefits of Scrum
- Product Managers/Business Analysts
- Functional/Operational Managers
- Project Sponsors
- IT Leadership (Managers/Directors/VPs/CIOs/CTOs)
- Easy-to-use reminders of Scrum
- Printed class manual
- Scrum reference card
- Copy of the Braintrust book Scrum for the Rest of Us
- 16 SEUs/16 PDUs
- A two-year membership to the Scrum Alliance
Cancellation Policy: In order to receive a refund you must notify us no later than 10 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 10 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class within the next 12 months and are subject to a $150 transfer fee.
Virtual Satisfaction Guarantee: Offer only valid if you contact us within 10 days of completing your virtual training class and request a free audit of an in-person training. Free audit is only available for the same class type as the virtual training that you completed. Subject to availability.
Privacy Notice: We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns.