- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clearwater
- 2580 Gulf to Bay Blvd.
Clearwater, FL 33765
- Monday, April 24, 2017
- Tuesday, April 25, 2017
- 8:30am – 5:00pm CDT
- 2 Days
Book early for early bird discount
Book 2 classes for combo discount
Bring your friends
Special pricing for groups of 3 or more
Bring your whole team
Groups of 6 get even bigger
Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) – Tampa, FL
Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®) is a two-day, hands-on workshop that takes students through the Scrum Framework. The class is full of practical, real-world techniques that ScrumMasters can take back and use immediately at their workplace. The class explores in-depth the roles and responsibilities in Scrum with a deep dive into the role of the ScrumMaster. This class will allow your organization to enjoy the many advantages Scrum has to offer. The CSM exam is included with class registration.
David Hawks, CST, CEC
David Hawks founded Agile Velocity when he noticed companies ineffectively building innovative software products with a lot of waste. David has a background of building highly productive teams and he has a passion for helping others achieve similar success. David’s strengths lie in his ability to be a great facilitator and inefficiency killer. His facilitation skills are what allow him to be a strong organizational coach as well as facilitate a great learning experience. Some call his knack for spotting inefficiency a sickness as he is always noticing opportunities to optimize a system or process.
David brings his broad experience working with Fortune 50 companies and early stage startups to challenge organizations to think differently about how they build software. He received a Bachelor of Business Administration in Management Information Systems from the University of Texas at Austin. He is a Certified Scrum Coach (CSC) and serves as the Education Chair on the Board of Agile Austin. When not helping teams turn into high performers, he can be found tailgating at Texas games, swimming, golfing or playing with his kids.
Fred Mastropasqua, CST, CS@ST, CSP, PMI-ACP
Fred Mastropasqua is a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST), Professional (CSP), Master (CSM), Developer (CSD) Product Owner (CSPO), an Agile Practitioner with the PMI group (PMI-ACP), and a Microsoft System Engineer (MSCE) with over 20 years of experience with Windows Networking and Software Development. Holding roles such as Senior IT Manager of Applications, Director of Application Development, Agile Coach & Trainer, Scrum Master, Network Engineer, .NET Developer, IT Manager, and Software Engineer. His robust experience makes him a very well-rounded IT professional, with an understanding across all IT disciplines and the business. Fred is a Co-Founder of Clearly Agile, Inc., where he works with clients on custom business applications for both cloud and mobile platforms.
"This course brought the concepts of Agile/Scrum methodology in an involved way. The presentations were limited to a few slides and the practices discussed were then proven in a way to help us understand them through doing, not simply reading. I enjoyed this class thoroughly and would recommend it to my peers."Mike, Scientific Research Corporation
"If you are going to follow Scrum and will be the ScrumMaster, this class is a must for you."Shushank, Oracle, Inc.
"Learned that my view of "agile" was pretty much wrong and that it is a very well thought out process. I learned that using Scrum, I can greatly increase productivity while providing necessary documentation."Peter, Scientific Research Corporation
"This is a great way to learn how to be a participant with the Agile method. It's fun, fast and efficient applying active learning to gain knowledge."Autumn, Crispin Porter & Bogusky
"Honestly, this was the best organized and well planned training class I have ever attended. The teaching techniques and styles varied, therefore, kept my interest and attention. Awesome job! Very creative!"Chris, ICC
Class Learning Objectives
As a Certified ScrumMaster class participant, I want…
- To explain Lean, Agile and Scrum so that I can better understand Scrum’s relationship to the Agile Manifesto
- To describe the Scrum framework, so that I can clearly comprehend the Scrum process
- To describe the roles and responsibilities in Scrum, so that I can understand who does what
- To do a deep dive into the ScrumMaster role, so that I can clearly understand the breadth and depth of my role
- To experience Scrum, so that I know what it feels like when I start doing it for real
- To explain how to seed a Product Backlog, so that I can assist the Product Owner with creating one
- To demonstrate how to write User Stories, so that I can clearly articulate the who, what, and why behind a Backlog item
- To teach team members how to relatively size Backlog items, so that the Product Owner can make better prioritization decisions
- To explore the Sprint construct, so that I can coach my team on the importance of good Scrum practices
- To list and explain the key events in Scrum, so that I know what is happening, before, during, and after each Sprint
- To explore some additional concepts, so that I can support a Scrum implementation in my organization
- Learn while having fun
- Retain more information because of our unique hands-on approach; based on the latest research into brain science
- Be entertained by stories from our real-world experienced and knowledgeable instructors
- Maximize investments already made by gaining valuable Scrum Education Units® (SEUs) and Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- Increase your personal worth within your company and in the marketplace
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone interested in learning the benefits of Scrum
- IT Professionals (Architects, BAs, DBAs, Developers, Testers, etc.)
- IT Leadership (Managers/Directors/VPs/CIOs/CTOs)
- Project Managers
- Easy-to-use reminders of Scrum
- Printed class manual
- Scrum reference card
- Copy of the Braintrust book Scrum for the Rest of Us
- 16 SEUs/16 PDUs
- Two-year membership to the Scrum Alliance
- Fulfill one of the requirements for the Certified Scrum Developer® (CSD®) certification
Cancellation Policy: In order to receive a refund you must notify us no later than 10 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 10 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class within the next 12 months and are subject to a $150 transfer fee.
Virtual Satisfaction Guarantee: Offer only valid if you contact us within 10 days of completing your virtual training class and request a free audit of an in-person training. Free audit is only available for the same class type as the virtual training that you completed. Subject to availability.
Privacy Notice: We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any concerns.