- Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor
- 1700 E. 9TH Avenue
Tampa, FL 33605
- Monday, March 23, 2020
- Tuesday, March 24, 2020
- 8:30am – 5:00pm
Book early for early bird discount
Book 2 classes for combo discount
Bring your friends
Special pricing for groups of 3 or more
Bring your whole team
Groups of 6 get even bigger
Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) – Tampa, FL
Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®) is a two-day, hands-on workshop that takes students through the Scrum Framework. The class is full of practical, real-world techniques that ScrumMasters can take back and use immediately at their workplace. The class explores in-depth the roles and responsibilities in Scrum with a deep dive into the role of the ScrumMaster. This class will allow your organization to enjoy the many advantages Scrum has to offer. The CSM exam is included with class registration.
Fred Mastropasqua, CST, CS@ST, CSP, PMI-ACP
Fred Mastropasqua is a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST), Professional (CSP), Master (CSM), Developer (CSD) Product Owner (CSPO), an Agile Practitioner with the PMI group (PMI-ACP), and a Microsoft System Engineer (MSCE) with over 20 years of experience with Windows Networking and Software Development. Holding roles such as Senior IT Manager of Applications, Director of Application Development, Agile Coach & Trainer, Scrum Master, Network Engineer, .NET Developer, IT Manager, and Software Engineer. His robust experience makes him a very well-rounded IT professional, with an understanding across all IT disciplines and the business. Fred is a Co-Founder of Clearly Agile, Inc., where he works with clients on custom business applications for both cloud and mobile platforms.
"Learned that my view of "agile" was pretty much wrong and that it is a very well thought out process. I learned that using Scrum, I can greatly increase productivity while providing necessary documentation."Peter, Scientific Research Corporation
"I believe this class taught me valuable skill as a ScrumMaster. I better understand the Scrum process and roles."Aubrey Cote, American Mining Insurance Co.
"If you are going to follow Scrum and will be the ScrumMaster, this class is a must for you."Shushank, Oracle, Inc.
"It met my expectations and taught the elements of Scrum, focusing on the Scrum Master role, but in unexpected and innovative ways."Steve, GE Energy
"I would highly recommend this course to someone who is interested in learning more about Scrum and would like to bring Scrum into their business. The instructor was great at keeping the interest of the participants and teaching hands-on."Mary, Agri-Tech Services
Class Learning Objectives
As a Certified ScrumMaster class participant, I want…
- To explain Lean, Agile and Scrum so that I can better understand Scrum’s relationship to the Agile Manifesto
- To describe the Scrum framework, so that I can clearly comprehend the Scrum process
- To describe the roles and responsibilities in Scrum, so that I can understand who does what
- To do a deep dive into the ScrumMaster role, so that I can clearly understand the breadth and depth of my role
- To experience Scrum, so that I know what it feels like when I start doing it for real
- To explain how to seed a Product Backlog, so that I can assist the Product Owner with creating one
- To demonstrate how to write User Stories, so that I can clearly articulate the who, what, and why behind a Backlog item
- To teach team members how to relatively size Backlog items, so that the Product Owner can make better prioritization decisions
- To explore the Sprint construct, so that I can coach my team on the importance of good Scrum practices
- To list and explain the key events in Scrum, so that I know what is happening, before, during, and after each Sprint
- To explore some additional concepts, so that I can support a Scrum implementation in my organization
- Learn while having fun
- Retain more information because of our unique hands-on approach; based on the latest research into brain science
- Be entertained by stories from our real-world experienced and knowledgeable instructors
- Maximize investments already made by gaining valuable Scrum Education Units® (SEUs) and Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- Increase your personal worth within your company and in the marketplace
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone interested in learning the benefits of Scrum
- IT Professionals (Architects, BAs, DBAs, Developers, Testers, etc.)
- IT Leadership (Managers/Directors/VPs/CIOs/CTOs)
- Project Managers
- Easy-to-use reminders of Scrum
- Printed class manual
- Scrum reference card
- Copy of the Braintrust book Scrum for the Rest of Us
- 16 SEUs/16 PDUs
- Two-year membership to the Scrum Alliance
- Fulfill one of the requirements for the Certified Scrum Developer® (CSD®) certification
Cancellation Policy: In order to receive a refund you must notify us no later than 10 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 10 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class within the next 12 months and are subject to a $150 transfer fee.
Privacy Notice: We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any concerns.