- HoteLumiere and Casino
- 999 N. 2nd St.
St Louis, MO 63102
- Tuesday, October 2, 2018
- Wednesday, October 3, 2018
- 8:30am – 5:00pm CDT
- 2 Days
Book early for early bird discount
Book 2 classes for combo discount
Bring your friends
Special pricing for groups of 3 or more
Bring your whole team
Groups of 6 get even bigger
Canceled – Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) – St. Louis, MO
Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®) is a two-day, hands-on workshop that takes students through the Scrum Framework. The class is full of practical, real-world techniques that ScrumMasters can take back and use immediately at their workplace. The class explores in-depth the roles and responsibilities in Scrum with a deep dive into the role of the ScrumMaster. This class will allow your organization to enjoy the many advantages Scrum has to offer. The CSM exam is included with class registration.
Kate Megaw, CST, PMP
Kate is an IT professional with over 12 years of industry experience. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Management from The Queen’s University of Belfast, Northern Ireland. She is a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST) from the Scrum Alliance and a Project Management Professional (PMP) from Project Management Institute (PMI).
Kate is the Chief Operating Officer (COO) with The Braintrust Consulting Group, a worldwide leader in Agile transformations. Kate has spent much of her career managing and leading teams for global companies like XcitekSolutionsPlus (XSP) and H&R Block. She has founded and grown several community organizations such as Birmingham International Association of Microsoft Certified Partners (IAMCP), Agile Birmingham and TechBirmingham’s suite of TechMixer Events. In addition Kate has served as Vice President for Professional Development for PMI Birmingham.
"This is a great way to learn how to be a participant with the Agile method. It's fun, fast and efficient applying active learning to gain knowledge."Autumn, Crispin Porter & Bogusky
"This course is a "must have" to sit for the PMP exam. Key topics, terms, and the PM mindset covered include many things that you don't learn through PM experience. The exercise are crucial and you leave with the feeling that taking the test is not an almost impossible task. The level of information covered and way it is presented is spot on."Kathy, Regions Bank
"If you are going to follow Scrum and will be the ScrumMaster, this class is a must for you."Shushank, Oracle, Inc.
"Honestly, this was the best organized and well planned training class I have ever attended. The teaching techniques and styles varied, therefore, kept my interest and attention. Awesome job! Very creative!"Chris, ICC
"One of the best courses I've had in the past decade. Brian is a great instructor-kept us interested & engaged. Enjoyed learning about Scrum & I want to learn more."Scott Caillier, Emory University
Class Learning Objectives
As a Certified ScrumMaster class participant, I want…
- To explain Lean, Agile and Scrum so that I can better understand Scrum’s relationship to the Agile Manifesto
- To describe the Scrum framework, so that I can clearly comprehend the Scrum process
- To describe the roles and responsibilities in Scrum, so that I can understand who does what
- To do a deep dive into the ScrumMaster role, so that I can clearly understand the breadth and depth of my role
- To experience Scrum, so that I know what it feels like when I start doing it for real
- To explain how to seed a Product Backlog, so that I can assist the Product Owner with creating one
- To demonstrate how to write User Stories, so that I can clearly articulate the who, what, and why behind a Backlog item
- To teach team members how to relatively size Backlog items, so that the Product Owner can make better prioritization decisions
- To explore the Sprint construct, so that I can coach my team on the importance of good Scrum practices
- To list and explain the key events in Scrum, so that I know what is happening, before, during, and after each Sprint
- To explore some additional concepts, so that I can support a Scrum implementation in my organization
- Learn while having fun
- Retain more information because of our unique hands-on approach; based on the latest research into brain science
- Be entertained by stories from our real-world experienced and knowledgeable instructors
- Maximize investments already made by gaining valuable Scrum Education Units® (SEUs) and Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- Increase your personal worth within your company and in the marketplace
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone interested in learning the benefits of Scrum
- IT Professionals (Architects, BAs, DBAs, Developers, Testers, etc.)
- IT Leadership (Managers/Directors/VPs/CIOs/CTOs)
- Project Managers
- Easy-to-use reminders of Scrum
- Printed class manual
- Scrum reference card
- Copy of the Braintrust book Scrum for the Rest of Us
- 16 SEUs/16 PDUs
- Two-year membership to the Scrum Alliance
- Fulfill one of the requirements for the Certified Scrum Developer® (CSD®) certification
Cancellation Policy: In order to receive a refund you must notify us no later than 10 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 10 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class within the next 12 months and are subject to a $150 transfer fee.
Virtual Satisfaction Guarantee: Offer only valid if you contact us within 10 days of completing your virtual training class and request a free audit of an in-person training. Free audit is only available for the same class type as the virtual training that you completed. Subject to availability.
Privacy Notice: We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns.