- Hyatt House Seattle Downtown
- 201 Fifth Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98109
- Tuesday, October 6, 2020
- Wednesday, October 7, 2020
- 8:30am – 5:00pm CDT
- 2 Days
Group pricing available. To learn more, contact Allyson Bowers by calling 503.869.5384 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Book early for early bird discount
Book 2 classes for combo discount
Bring your friends
Special pricing for groups of 3 or more
Bring your whole team
Groups of 6 get even bigger
Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) – Seattle, WA
Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®) is a two-day, hands-on workshop that takes students through the Scrum Framework. The class is full of practical, real-world techniques that ScrumMasters can take back and use immediately at their workplace. The class explores in-depth the roles and responsibilities in Scrum with a deep dive into the role of the ScrumMaster. This class will allow your organization to enjoy the many advantages Scrum has to offer. The CSM exam is included with class registration.
Julie Chickering, CSP, PMP, CST
Julie Chickering was an an Agilist with CA Technologies (formally Rally Software in Boulder, Colorado) for 9 years. She has the proven ability to transfer job knowledge and skills to all levels, and has a solid track record coaching through the challenging transition from waterfall to Agile practices. Julie brings more than 20 years of experience in the software development industry, she was an internal coach at Travelocity before joining Rally as an Agile Coach.
Julie believes that Lean and Agile practices are packed with potential — to enable positive culture change, business agility, and breakthrough results. She has a strong track record of helping organizations of all sizes in various industries successfully execute Lean and Agile transformations. Julie brings personal, real-world experience to every training and coaching engagement, working with people at all levels — executive, program, and team — to adopt and roll out realistic Agile strategies organization-wide. Customers appreciate her pragmatic approach, strong collaboration skills, and smart sense of humor to guide them along their Agile journeys.
"Honestly, this was the best organized and well planned training class I have ever attended. The teaching techniques and styles varied, therefore, kept my interest and attention. Awesome job! Very creative!"Chris, ICC
"An excellent grounding in the fundamentals of the Scrum methodology and the role of the ScrumMaster in it."Chuck, Highland Consulting Group
"This is a really great hands-on way to learn the Scrum process. The simulations are realistic and the little techniques taught through the exercises will be valuable in the real world implementation (35, planning poker, etc.)."Kyle, Rally Software
"This course provided me with all the tools that I will need to implement Scrum on my program. I had many questions answered by a very knowledgeable and experienced expert in the field."Joe, Northrop Grumman
"This is one of the most interesting training I've ever had. There's a lot of fun you'll find during the course as well as a lot of knowledge of Scrum process XPO"Elina, France Telecom
Class Learning Objectives
As a Certified ScrumMaster class participant, I want…
- To explain Lean, Agile and Scrum so that I can better understand Scrum’s relationship to the Agile Manifesto
- To describe the Scrum framework, so that I can clearly comprehend the Scrum process
- To describe the roles and responsibilities in Scrum, so that I can understand who does what
- To do a deep dive into the ScrumMaster role, so that I can clearly understand the breadth and depth of my role
- To experience Scrum, so that I know what it feels like when I start doing it for real
- To explain how to seed a Product Backlog, so that I can assist the Product Owner with creating one
- To demonstrate how to write User Stories, so that I can clearly articulate the who, what, and why behind a Backlog item
- To teach team members how to relatively size Backlog items, so that the Product Owner can make better prioritization decisions
- To explore the Sprint construct, so that I can coach my team on the importance of good Scrum practices
- To list and explain the key events in Scrum, so that I know what is happening, before, during, and after each Sprint
- To explore some additional concepts, so that I can support a Scrum implementation in my organization
- Learn while having fun
- Retain more information because of our unique hands-on approach; based on the latest research into brain science
- Be entertained by stories from our real-world experienced and knowledgeable instructors
- Maximize investments already made by gaining valuable Scrum Education Units® (SEUs) and Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- Increase your personal worth within your company and in the marketplace
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone interested in learning the benefits of Scrum
- IT Professionals (Architects, BAs, DBAs, Developers, Testers, etc.)
- IT Leadership (Managers/Directors/VPs/CIOs/CTOs)
- Project Managers
- Easy-to-use reminders of Scrum
- Printed class manual
- Scrum reference card
- Copy of the Braintrust book Scrum for the Rest of Us
- 16 SEUs/16 PDUs
- Two-year membership to the Scrum Alliance
- Fulfill one of the requirements for the Certified Scrum Developer® (CSD®) certification
Cancellation Policy: In order to receive a refund you must notify us no later than 10 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 10 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class within the next 12 months and are subject to a $150 transfer fee.
Virtual Satisfaction Guarantee: Offer only valid if you contact us within 10 days of completing your virtual training class and request a free audit of an in-person training. Free audit is only available for the same class type as the virtual training that you completed. Subject to availability.
Privacy Notice: We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any concerns.