- Monday, February 4, 2019
- Tuesday, February 5, 2019
- 8:30am – 5:00pm CST
- 2 Days
Book early for early bird discount
Book 2 classes for combo discount
Bring your friends
Special pricing for groups of 3 or more
Bring your whole team
Groups of 6 get even bigger
Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) – Salt Lake City, UT
Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®) is a two-day, hands-on workshop that takes students through the Scrum Framework. The class is full of practical, real-world techniques that ScrumMasters can take back and use immediately at their workplace. The class explores in-depth the roles and responsibilities in Scrum with a deep dive into the role of the ScrumMaster. This class will allow your organization to enjoy the many advantages Scrum has to offer. The CSM exam is included with class registration.
Lonnie Weaver-Johnson, CST
Lonnie Weaver-Johnson, CST is the Agile Practice Lead for The Braintrust Consulting Group. She obtained a degree in communications and then went on to a 20+ year career implementing IT projects and leading people through change. Lonnie enjoys transforming people through; coaching, conflict resolution, performance management, and imparting knowledge. Lonnie started working with Scrum in 2006 and her experience has taken her across the United States and to foreign lands such as India and Canada. Helping teams learn and grow together until they reach a high performing stage is Lonnie’s passion. Her candid and patient coaching style helps people understand how to make the necessary behavioral changes to make Scrum work for their teams. She also enjoys partnering with leaders to help them understand how the changes will impact their organization. Lonnie has been an IT leader, a business analyst, a corporate trainer, a ToastMaster officer, a public speaker in her community, and a volunteer at local high schools training kids in team development. In all cases Lonnie brings high energy to her classes, motivates the learners, and uses humor and stories to keep people engaged. To contact Lonnie please e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org or join her on LinkedIn.
"The CSM class is essential to teach key concepts, practices and methodologies for utilizing/implementing Scum methodologies in my job function. As a PM, it helps me think about how to adapt project execution in a manner that best serves the team and customer."Vijay, Tractor Supply
"I believe this class taught me valuable skill as a ScrumMaster. I better understand the Scrum process and roles."Aubrey Cote, American Mining Insurance Co.
"This course is a "must have" to sit for the PMP exam. Key topics, terms, and the PM mindset covered include many things that you don't learn through PM experience. The exercise are crucial and you leave with the feeling that taking the test is not an almost impossible task. The level of information covered and way it is presented is spot on."Kathy, Regions Bank
"Learned that my view of "agile" was pretty much wrong and that it is a very well thought out process. I learned that using Scrum, I can greatly increase productivity while providing necessary documentation."Peter, Scientific Research Corporation
"This course was very useful for me to be better prepared to do my job more effectively. This course highlights how Agile/Scrum can truly be useful regardless of role."David, Version One
Class Learning Objectives
As a Certified ScrumMaster class participant, I want…
- To explain Lean, Agile and Scrum so that I can better understand Scrum’s relationship to the Agile Manifesto
- To describe the Scrum framework, so that I can clearly comprehend the Scrum process
- To describe the roles and responsibilities in Scrum, so that I can understand who does what
- To do a deep dive into the ScrumMaster role, so that I can clearly understand the breadth and depth of my role
- To experience Scrum, so that I know what it feels like when I start doing it for real
- To explain how to seed a Product Backlog, so that I can assist the Product Owner with creating one
- To demonstrate how to write User Stories, so that I can clearly articulate the who, what, and why behind a Backlog item
- To teach team members how to relatively size Backlog items, so that the Product Owner can make better prioritization decisions
- To explore the Sprint construct, so that I can coach my team on the importance of good Scrum practices
- To list and explain the key events in Scrum, so that I know what is happening, before, during, and after each Sprint
- To explore some additional concepts, so that I can support a Scrum implementation in my organization
- Learn while having fun
- Retain more information because of our unique hands-on approach; based on the latest research into brain science
- Be entertained by stories from our real-world experienced and knowledgeable instructors
- Maximize investments already made by gaining valuable Scrum Education Units® (SEUs) and Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- Increase your personal worth within your company and in the marketplace
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone interested in learning the benefits of Scrum
- IT Professionals (Architects, BAs, DBAs, Developers, Testers, etc.)
- IT Leadership (Managers/Directors/VPs/CIOs/CTOs)
- Project Managers
- Easy-to-use reminders of Scrum
- Printed class manual
- Scrum reference card
- Copy of the Braintrust book Scrum for the Rest of Us
- 16 SEUs/16 PDUs
- Two-year membership to the Scrum Alliance
- Fulfill one of the requirements for the Certified Scrum Developer® (CSD®) certification
Cancellation Policy: In order to receive a refund you must notify us no later than 10 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 10 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class within the next 12 months and are subject to a $150 transfer fee.
Virtual Satisfaction Guarantee: Offer only valid if you contact us within 10 days of completing your virtual training class and request a free audit of an in-person training. Free audit is only available for the same class type as the virtual training that you completed. Subject to availability.
Privacy Notice: We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any concerns.