- Radisson Hotel Portland Airport
- 6233 NE 78th Ct.
Portland, OR 97218
- Monday, August 20, 2018
- Tuesday, August 21, 2018
- 8:30am – 5:00pm
- 2 Days
Book early for early bird discount
Book 2 classes for combo discount
Bring your friends
Special pricing for groups of 3 or more
Bring your whole team
Groups of 6 get even bigger
Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) — Portland, OR
Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) is a two-day hands-on workshop that takes students through the Scrum Framework. The class is full of practical, real-world techniques that ScrumMasters can take back and use immediately at their workplace. The class explores in-depth the roles and responsibilities in Scrum with a deep dive into the role of the ScrumMaster. This class will allow your organization to enjoy the many advantages Scrum has to offer. The CSM exam is included with class registration.
Jan Beaver, PhD, CST
Jan is a Certified Scrum Trainer® and deeply experienced Agile coach who has for more than a decade worked with a wide variety of companies in an equally wide variety of industries including telecommunications, medical, insurance, media, banking, retail, and smart-grid energy. He specializes in bringing Scrum practices and broader Agile and Lean principles and practices to teams, helping them to become effective, productive, and self-sustaining. He also works at the enterprise level employing strategic training and coaching to help organizations become successful in their Agile practice. Jan’s other credentials include Certified ScrumMaster, Certified Scrum Product Owner, and Certified Scrum Professional. Jan is also a Scrum Alliance Path to CSP Educator®.
"The trainers really put a lot of thought on how to make this course interesting. And I think they succeeded."Stone, Ericsson
"I believe this class taught me valuable skill as a ScrumMaster. I better understand the Scrum process and roles."Aubrey Cote, American Mining Insurance Co.
"This is an engaging course that will draw in anyone with pretty much any level of Scrum knowledge, and will take them through a Scrum experience where they will add to their store of knowledge & actually be able to execute Agile, Scrum & produce positive results. Well prepared, thoroughly researched, designed for a solid result. Will change anyone going through it."Jack, Level 3 Communications
"Course instructor kept everyone engaged by applying principles with practical application. Able to use tools to help support/facilitate Scrum process. At the end of class, felt very comfortable acting in ScrumMaster role."Deborah, American Airlines
"If you are planning on moving to a Scrum/Agile development team you need to begin with this type of training."Kuenn, Jack and Henry & Associates
Class Learning Objectives
As a Certified ScrumMaster class participant, I want…
- To explain Lean, Agile and Scrum so that I can better understand Scrum’s relationship to the Agile Manifesto
- To describe the Scrum framework, so that I can clearly comprehend the Scrum process
- To describe the roles and responsibilities in Scrum, so that I can understand who does what
- To do a deep dive into the ScrumMaster role so that I can clearly understand the breadth and depth of my role
- To experience Scrum, so that I know what it feels like when I start doing it for real
- To explain how to seed a product backlog, so that I can assist the Product Owner with creating one
- To demonstrate how to write user stories, so that I can clearly articulate the who, what, and why behind a backlog item
- To teach team members how to relatively size backlog items, so that the product owner can make better prioritization decisions
- To explore the Sprint construct, so that I can coach my team on the importance of good Scrum practices
- To list and explain the key events in Scrum, so that I know what is happening, before, during, and after each sprint
- To explore some additional concepts, so that I can support a Scrum implementation in my organization
- Learn while not being bored and having fun
- Retain more information because of our unique hands-on approach; based on the latest research into brain science
- Be entertained by stories from our real-world experienced and knowledgeable instructors
- Maximize investments already made by gaining valuable Scrum Educational Units (SEUs) and Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- Increase your personal worth within your company and in the marketplace
Who Should Attend?
- IT Professionals (Architects, BAs, DBAs, Developers, Testers, etc.)
- IT Leadership (Managers/Directors/VPs/CIOs/CTOs)
- Project Managers
- Anyone interested in learning the benefits of Scrum
- Easy to use reminders of Scrum
- Printed class manual
- Scrum reference card
- Copy of the Braintrust book Scrum for the Rest of Us
- 16 SEUs/16 PDUs
- Two-year membership to the Scrum Alliance
- Fulfill one of the requirements for the Certified Scrum Developer (CSD) certification
Cancellation Policy: In order to receive a refund you must notify us no later than 10 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 10 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class within the next 12 months.
Privacy Notice: We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any concerns.