- Tuesday, November 19, 2019
- Wednesday, November 20, 2019
- 8:30am – 5:00pm CST
- 2 Days
Book early for early bird discount
Book 2 classes for combo discount
Bring your friends
Special pricing for groups of 3 or more
Bring your whole team
Groups of 6 get even bigger
Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) – Phoenix, AZ
Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®) is a two-day, hands-on workshop that takes students through the Scrum Framework. The class is full of practical, real-world techniques that ScrumMasters can take back and use immediately at their workplace. The class explores in-depth the roles and responsibilities in Scrum with a deep dive into the role of the ScrumMaster. This class will allow your organization to enjoy the many advantages Scrum has to offer. The CSM exam is included with class registration.
Cathy Simpson, CST, PMP
Cathy Simpson is a Certified Scrum Trainer and Agile coach, with a passion for bringing joy, happiness and productivity to work. As a Scrum Trainer she teaches groups of people to use the empirical process to build complex products and solve complex problems. Her driving questions in life are “What’s possible?” “How do we make it happen?” and “How do we have fun doing it?” Cathy combines a warm energetic style with insights learned in the trenches at companies ranging from large financial institutions to small start-ups. This enables her to effectively connect with team members, managers and executives in order to facilitate transformation and help people create the futures they are committed to. She regularly speaks about Scrum and Agile at national and local conferences. Before becoming a CST, Cathy worked in technology for 20 years as a software developer, web producer, project/program manager, business consultant and agile coach. She credits her career in technology as the foundation for her success and her first job as a camp counselor as the reason she is a good trainer.
"This course is a must have for entire R&D teams."Jason, GFI Software
his course changed my life…and hopefully it will change the world."Jamie, Summit Business Media
"This is one of the most interesting training I've ever had. There's a lot of fun you'll find during the course as well as a lot of knowledge of Scrum process XPO"Elina, France Telecom
"Honestly, this was the best organized and well planned training class I have ever attended. The teaching techniques and styles varied, therefore, kept my interest and attention. Awesome job! Very creative!"Chris, ICC
"This is an engaging, hands on class where you actually participate in the Scrum process over two days. You don't sit in a lecture situation for long, as most of the class is interactive. I never got bored, and I've been a ScumMaster for two years already. I would highly recommend this class. Attending along with your product owner, or other ScrumMaster at you organization would be particularly valuable."Adam, Edgenet, Inc.
Class Learning Objectives
As a Certified ScrumMaster class participant, I want…
- To explain Lean, Agile and Scrum so that I can better understand Scrum’s relationship to the Agile Manifesto
- To describe the Scrum framework, so that I can clearly comprehend the Scrum process
- To describe the roles and responsibilities in Scrum, so that I can understand who does what
- To do a deep dive into the ScrumMaster role, so that I can clearly understand the breadth and depth of my role
- To experience Scrum, so that I know what it feels like when I start doing it for real
- To explain how to seed a Product Backlog, so that I can assist the Product Owner with creating one
- To demonstrate how to write User Stories, so that I can clearly articulate the who, what, and why behind a Backlog item
- To teach team members how to relatively size Backlog items, so that the Product Owner can make better prioritization decisions
- To explore the Sprint construct, so that I can coach my team on the importance of good Scrum practices
- To list and explain the key events in Scrum, so that I know what is happening, before, during, and after each Sprint
- To explore some additional concepts, so that I can support a Scrum implementation in my organization
- Learn while having fun
- Retain more information because of our unique hands-on approach; based on the latest research into brain science
- Be entertained by stories from our real-world experienced and knowledgeable instructors
- Maximize investments already made by gaining valuable Scrum Education Units® (SEUs) and Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- Increase your personal worth within your company and in the marketplace
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone interested in learning the benefits of Scrum
- IT Professionals (Architects, BAs, DBAs, Developers, Testers, etc.)
- IT Leadership (Managers/Directors/VPs/CIOs/CTOs)
- Project Managers
- Easy-to-use reminders of Scrum
- Printed class manual
- Scrum reference card
- Copy of the Braintrust book Scrum for the Rest of Us
- 16 SEUs/16 PDUs
- Two-year membership to the Scrum Alliance
- Fulfill one of the requirements for the Certified Scrum Developer® (CSD®) certification
Cancellation Policy: In order to receive a refund you must notify us no later than 10 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 10 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class within the next 12 months and are subject to a $150 transfer fee.
Virtual Satisfaction Guarantee: Offer only valid if you contact us within 10 days of completing your virtual training class and request a free audit of an in-person training. Free audit is only available for the same class type as the virtual training that you completed. Subject to availability.
Privacy Notice: We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any concerns.