- Hampton Inn Orlando – International Drive/Convention Center
- 8900 Universal Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32819
- Monday, July 24, 2017
- Tuesday, July 25, 2017
- 8:30am – 5:00pm
- 2 Days
Book early for early bird discount
Book 2 classes for combo discount
Bring your friends
Special pricing for groups of 3 or more
Bring your whole team
Groups of 6 get even bigger
Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) – Orlando, FL – Sold Out! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for waitlist options.
Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) is a two-day hands-on workshop that takes students through the Scrum Framework. The class is full of practical, real-world techniques that ScrumMasters can take back and use immediately at their workplace. The class explores in-depth the roles and responsibilities in Scrum with a deep dive into the role of the ScrumMaster. This class will allow your organization to enjoy the many advantages Scrum has to offer. The CSM exam is included with class registration.
Lonnie Weaver-Johnson, CST
Lonnie Weaver-Johnson, CST is the Agile Practice Lead for The Braintrust Consulting Group. She obtained a degree in communications and then went on to a 20+ year career implementing IT projects and leading people through change. Lonnie enjoys transforming people through; coaching, conflict resolution, performance management, and imparting knowledge. Lonnie started working with Scrum in 2006 and her experience has taken her across the United States and to foreign lands such as India and Canada. Helping teams learn and grow together until they reach a high performing stage is Lonnie’s passion. Her candid and patient coaching style helps people understand how to make the necessary behavioral changes to make Scrum work for their teams. She also enjoys partnering with leaders to help them understand how the changes will impact their organization. Lonnie has been an IT leader, a business analyst, a corporate trainer, a ToastMaster officer, a public speaker in her community, and a volunteer at local high schools training kids in team development. In all cases Lonnie brings high energy to her classes, motivates the learners, and uses humor and stories to keep people engaged. To contact Lonnie please e-mail her at email@example.com or join her on LinkedIn.
"Braintrust has great instructors. They kept the class, with several "unbelievers", engaged and the time flew. I was never bored."Tom, Abacus Technologies
"Action packed two day course with lots of workshops to understand concepts better."Brad, MetaPress
"This course is a must have for entire R&D teams."Jason, GFI Software
"The trainers really put a lot of thought on how to make this course interesting. And I think they succeeded."Stone, Ericsson
"This is an engaging course that will draw in anyone with pretty much any level of Scrum knowledge, and will take them through a Scrum experience where they will add to their store of knowledge & actually be able to execute Agile, Scrum & produce positive results. Well prepared, thoroughly researched, designed for a solid result. Will change anyone going through it."Jack, Level 3 Communications
Class Learning Objectives
As a Certified ScrumMaster class participant, I want…
- To explain Lean, Agile and Scrum so that I can better understand Scrum’s relationship to the Agile Manifesto
- To describe the Scrum framework, so that I can clearly comprehend the Scrum process
- To describe the roles and responsibilities in Scrum, so that I can understand who does what
- To do a deep dive into the ScrumMaster role so that I can clearly understand the breadth and depth of my role
- To experience Scrum, so that I know what it feels like when I start doing it for real
- To explain how to seed a product backlog, so that I can assist the Product Owner with creating one
- To demonstrate how to write user stories, so that I can clearly articulate the who, what, and why behind a backlog item
- To teach team members how to relatively size backlog items, so that the product owner can make better prioritization decisions
- To explore the Sprint construct, so that I can coach my team on the importance of good Scrum practices
- To list and explain the key events in Scrum, so that I know what is happening, before, during, and after each sprint
- To explore some additional concepts, so that I can support a Scrum implementation in my organization
- Learn while not being bored and having fun
- Retain more information because of our unique hands-on approach; based on the latest research into brain science
- Be entertained by stories from our real-world experienced and knowledgeable instructors
- Maximize investments already made by gaining valuable Scrum Educational Units (SEUs) and Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- Increase your personal worth within your company and in the marketplace
Who Should Attend?
- IT Professionals (Architects, BAs, DBAs, Developers, Testers, etc.)
- IT Leadership (Managers/Directors/VPs/CIOs/CTOs)
- Project Managers
- Anyone interested in learning the benefits of Scrum
- Easy to use reminders of Scrum
- Printed class manual
- Scrum reference card
- Copy of the Braintrust book Scrum for the Rest of Us
- 16 SEUs/16 PDUs
- Two-year membership to the Scrum Alliance
- Fulfill one of the requirements for the Certified Scrum Developer (CSD) certification
Cancellation Policy: In order to receive a refund you must notify us no later than 10 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 10 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class within the next 12 months.
Privacy Notice: We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns.