- Hampton Inn Orlando – International Drive/Convention Center
- 8900 Universal Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32819
- Monday, July 24, 2017
- Tuesday, July 25, 2017
- 8:30am – 5:00pm
- 2 Days
Book early for early bird discount
Book 2 classes for combo discount
Bring your friends
Special pricing for groups of 3 or more
Bring your whole team
Groups of 6 get even bigger
Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) – Orlando, FL – Sold Out! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for waitlist options.
Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®) is a two-day hands-on workshop that takes students through the Scrum Framework. The class is full of practical, real-world techniques that ScrumMasters can take back and use immediately at their workplace. The class explores in-depth the roles and responsibilities in Scrum with a deep dive into the role of the ScrumMaster. This class will allow your organization to enjoy the many advantages Scrum has to offer. The CSM exam is included with class registration.
Lonnie Weaver-Johnson, CST
Lonnie Weaver-Johnson, CST is the Agile Practice Lead for The Braintrust Consulting Group. She obtained a degree in communications and then went on to a 20+ year career implementing IT projects and leading people through change. Lonnie enjoys transforming people through; coaching, conflict resolution, performance management, and imparting knowledge. Lonnie started working with Scrum in 2006 and her experience has taken her across the United States and to foreign lands such as India and Canada. Helping teams learn and grow together until they reach a high performing stage is Lonnie’s passion. Her candid and patient coaching style helps people understand how to make the necessary behavioral changes to make Scrum work for their teams. She also enjoys partnering with leaders to help them understand how the changes will impact their organization. Lonnie has been an IT leader, a business analyst, a corporate trainer, a ToastMaster officer, a public speaker in her community, and a volunteer at local high schools training kids in team development. In all cases Lonnie brings high energy to her classes, motivates the learners, and uses humor and stories to keep people engaged. To contact Lonnie please e-mail her at email@example.com or join her on LinkedIn.
"This is an engaging, hands on class where you actually participate in the Scrum process over two days. You don't sit in a lecture situation for long, as most of the class is interactive. I never got bored, and I've been a ScumMaster for two years already. I would highly recommend this class. Attending along with your product owner, or other ScrumMaster at you organization would be particularly valuable."Adam, Edgenet, Inc.
"The CSM class is extremely important to adjust the project management mindset into that of a ScrumMaster whose fundamental values shift from management to servant leadership."Ayaz, Nielsen
"An excellent grounding in the fundamentals of the Scrum methodology and the role of the ScrumMaster in it."Chuck, Highland Consulting Group
"This course is a must have for entire R&D teams."Jason, GFI Software
"It was the best class I've taken on Scrum. I have a much better understanding of the framework now."Marc, Nielsen
Class Learning Objectives
As a Certified ScrumMaster class participant, I want…
- To explain Lean, Agile and Scrum so that I can better understand Scrum’s relationship to the Agile Manifesto
- To describe the Scrum framework, so that I can clearly comprehend the Scrum process
- To describe the roles and responsibilities in Scrum, so that I can understand who does what
- To do a deep dive into the ScrumMaster role so that I can clearly understand the breadth and depth of my role
- To experience Scrum, so that I know what it feels like when I start doing it for real
- To explain how to seed a product backlog, so that I can assist the Product Owner with creating one
- To demonstrate how to write user stories, so that I can clearly articulate the who, what, and why behind a backlog item
- To teach team members how to relatively size backlog items, so that the product owner can make better prioritization decisions
- To explore the Sprint construct, so that I can coach my team on the importance of good Scrum practices
- To list and explain the key events in Scrum, so that I know what is happening, before, during, and after each sprint
- To explore some additional concepts, so that I can support a Scrum implementation in my organization
- Learn while not being bored and having fun
- Retain more information because of our unique hands-on approach; based on the latest research into brain science
- Be entertained by stories from our real-world experienced and knowledgeable instructors
- Maximize investments already made by gaining valuable Scrum Education Units® (SEUs) and Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- Increase your personal worth within your company and in the marketplace
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone interested in learning the benefits of Scrum
- IT Professionals (Architects, BAs, DBAs, Developers, Testers, etc.)
- IT Leadership (Managers/Directors/VPs/CIOs/CTOs)
- Project Managers
- Easy to use reminders of Scrum
- Printed class manual
- Scrum reference card
- Copy of the Braintrust book Scrum for the Rest of Us
- 16 SEUs/16 PDUs
- Two-year membership to the Scrum Alliance
- Fulfill one of the requirements for the Certified Scrum Developer® (CSD®) certification
Cancellation Policy: In order to receive a refund you must notify us no later than 10 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 10 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class within the next 12 months.
Privacy Notice: We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns.