- Hampton Inn Omaha/West Dodge Road (Old Mill)
- 11201 Davenport Street
Omaha, NE 68154
- Monday, March 23, 2020
- Tuesday, March 24, 2020
- 8:30am – 5:00pm CDT
- 2 Days
Book early for early bird discount
Book 2 classes for combo discount
Bring your friends
Special pricing for groups of 3 or more
Bring your whole team
Groups of 6 get even bigger
Canceled – Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) – Omaha, NE
Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®) is a two-day, hands-on workshop that takes students through the Scrum Framework. The class is full of practical, real-world techniques that ScrumMasters can take back and use immediately at their workplace. The class explores in-depth the roles and responsibilities in Scrum with a deep dive into the role of the ScrumMaster. This class will allow your organization to enjoy the many advantages Scrum has to offer. The CSM exam is included with class registration.
Judy Neher, CST, CSP
Judy Neher is an Certified Scrum Trainer and agile coach, passionately transforming commercial and government software teams from traditional development practices to agile practices for the last 12 years. Judy has over 29 years of experience with the Federal Government as a mathematician, computer scientist, and traditional software manager; ultimately, as an Scrum and agile coach, trainer and leader. She has worked with over 50 development teams, both small and extremely large and likes to think she’s seen it all, but learns something with every experience.
As a trainer, Judy has taught hundreds of classes to government and commercial customers, including Agile Overviews, Team Bootcamps, Scrum Master, Product Owner, and User Story and Estimation Workshops, and her passion: Agile Security. The passion she has for the topics she shares draws rave reviews from her students and keep her in constant demand in the government community.
"This course promotes teamwork and the importance of a cross functional team. With this work style, project development becomes almost effortless because the team is no longer working in a silo."Dennis, OKDHS
"Course instructor kept everyone engaged by applying principles with practical application. Able to use tools to help support/facilitate Scrum process. At the end of class, felt very comfortable acting in ScrumMaster role."Deborah, American Airlines
"If you are planning on moving to a Scrum/Agile development team you need to begin with this type of training."Kuenn, Jack and Henry & Associates
"The CSM class is extremely important to adjust the project management mindset into that of a ScrumMaster whose fundamental values shift from management to servant leadership."Ayaz, Nielsen
"It was the best class I've taken on Scrum. I have a much better understanding of the framework now."Marc, Nielsen
Class Learning Objectives
As a Certified ScrumMaster class participant, I want…
- To explain Lean, Agile and Scrum so that I can better understand Scrum’s relationship to the Agile Manifesto
- To describe the Scrum framework, so that I can clearly comprehend the Scrum process
- To describe the roles and responsibilities in Scrum, so that I can understand who does what
- To do a deep dive into the ScrumMaster role, so that I can clearly understand the breadth and depth of my role
- To experience Scrum, so that I know what it feels like when I start doing it for real
- To explain how to seed a Product Backlog, so that I can assist the Product Owner with creating one
- To demonstrate how to write User Stories, so that I can clearly articulate the who, what, and why behind a Backlog item
- To teach team members how to relatively size Backlog items, so that the Product Owner can make better prioritization decisions
- To explore the Sprint construct, so that I can coach my team on the importance of good Scrum practices
- To list and explain the key events in Scrum, so that I know what is happening, before, during, and after each Sprint
- To explore some additional concepts, so that I can support a Scrum implementation in my organization
- Learn while having fun
- Retain more information because of our unique hands-on approach; based on the latest research into brain science
- Be entertained by stories from our real-world experienced and knowledgeable instructors
- Maximize investments already made by gaining valuable Scrum Education Units® (SEUs) and Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- Increase your personal worth within your company and in the marketplace
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone interested in learning the benefits of Scrum
- IT Professionals (Architects, BAs, DBAs, Developers, Testers, etc.)
- IT Leadership (Managers/Directors/VPs/CIOs/CTOs)
- Project Managers
- Easy-to-use reminders of Scrum
- Printed class manual
- Scrum reference card
- Copy of the Braintrust book Scrum for the Rest of Us
- 16 SEUs/16 PDUs
- Two-year membership to the Scrum Alliance
- Fulfill one of the requirements for the Certified Scrum Developer® (CSD®) certification
Cancellation Policy: In order to receive a refund you must notify us no later than 10 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 10 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class within the next 12 months and are subject to a $150 transfer fee.
Virtual Satisfaction Guarantee: Offer only valid if you contact us within 10 days of completing your virtual training class and request a free audit of an in-person training. Free audit is only available for the same class type as the virtual training that you completed. Subject to availability.
Privacy Notice: We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns.