- Hyatt Place Nashville/Brentwood
- 202 Summit View Dr.
Brentwood, TN 37027
- Tuesday, May 8, 2018
- Wednesday, May 9, 2018
- 8:30am – 5:00pm CDT
- 2 Days
Book early for early bird discount
Book 2 classes for combo discount
Bring your friends
Special pricing for groups of 3 or more
Bring your whole team
Groups of 6 get even bigger
Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) – Nashville, TN
Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®) is a two-day, hands-on workshop that takes students through the Scrum Framework. The class is full of practical, real-world techniques that ScrumMasters can take back and use immediately at their workplace. The class explores in-depth the roles and responsibilities in Scrum with a deep dive into the role of the ScrumMaster. This class will allow your organization to enjoy the many advantages Scrum has to offer. The CSM exam is included with class registration.
Anu Smalley, CST, CSP, CSM, CSPO
Anu Smalley is a Certified Scrum Trainer providing education and coaching, consulting services to clients across the United States. Anu’s passion lies within Product Management. Having been a Product Owner for a number of years, she focuses on coaching Product Owner’s, Product Manager and Business Leaders. Anu has 20+ years of experience. Over her career she has been a developer, Project Lead Project Manager, Development Manager, Scrum Master, Product Owner and Agile Coach and Trainer. A Graduate from Osmania University, India ( B.A and M.A in Psychology) and Bowling Green State University, Ohio (MBA), Anu has presented at User Group events like SAFe RVA, Agile Delaware and Scrum User Group of Columbia, MO. Anu is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP), a Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), and a Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP). Anu is an active member of the Scrum Alliance, and Agile Alliance.
"I believe this class taught me valuable skill as a ScrumMaster. I better understand the Scrum process and roles."Aubrey Cote, American Mining Insurance Co.
"The hands-on exercises, training materials and instructor's knowledge makes this a can't miss training session for those that want to learn Scrum."Ed, Level 3 Communications
"This is an engaging, hands on class where you actually participate in the Scrum process over two days. You don't sit in a lecture situation for long, as most of the class is interactive. I never got bored, and I've been a ScumMaster for two years already. I would highly recommend this class. Attending along with your product owner, or other ScrumMaster at you organization would be particularly valuable."Adam, Edgenet, Inc.
"This course brought the concepts of Agile/Scrum methodology in an involved way. The presentations were limited to a few slides and the practices discussed were then proven in a way to help us understand them through doing, not simply reading. I enjoyed this class thoroughly and would recommend it to my peers."Mike, Scientific Research Corporation
"This course was very useful for me to be better prepared to do my job more effectively. This course highlights how Agile/Scrum can truly be useful regardless of role."David, Version One
Class Learning Objectives
As a Certified ScrumMaster class participant, I want…
- To explain Lean, Agile and Scrum so that I can better understand Scrum’s relationship to the Agile Manifesto
- To describe the Scrum framework, so that I can clearly comprehend the Scrum process
- To describe the roles and responsibilities in Scrum, so that I can understand who does what
- To do a deep dive into the ScrumMaster role, so that I can clearly understand the breadth and depth of my role
- To experience Scrum, so that I know what it feels like when I start doing it for real
- To explain how to seed a Product Backlog, so that I can assist the Product Owner with creating one
- To demonstrate how to write User Stories, so that I can clearly articulate the who, what, and why behind a Backlog item
- To teach team members how to relatively size Backlog items, so that the Product Owner can make better prioritization decisions
- To explore the Sprint construct, so that I can coach my team on the importance of good Scrum practices
- To list and explain the key events in Scrum, so that I know what is happening, before, during, and after each Sprint
- To explore some additional concepts, so that I can support a Scrum implementation in my organization
- Learn while having fun
- Retain more information because of our unique hands-on approach; based on the latest research into brain science
- Be entertained by stories from our real-world experienced and knowledgeable instructors
- Maximize investments already made by gaining valuable Scrum Education Units® (SEUs) and Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- Increase your personal worth within your company and in the marketplace
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone interested in learning the benefits of Scrum
- IT Professionals (Architects, BAs, DBAs, Developers, Testers, etc.)
- IT Leadership (Managers/Directors/VPs/CIOs/CTOs)
- Project Managers
- Easy-to-use reminders of Scrum
- Printed class manual
- Scrum reference card
- Copy of the Braintrust book Scrum for the Rest of Us
- 16 SEUs/16 PDUs
- Two-year membership to the Scrum Alliance
- Fulfill one of the requirements for the Certified Scrum Developer® (CSD®) certification
Cancellation Policy: In order to receive a refund you must notify us no later than 10 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 10 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class within the next 12 months and are subject to a $150 transfer fee.
Virtual Satisfaction Guarantee: Offer only valid if you contact us within 10 days of completing your virtual training class and request a free audit of an in-person training. Free audit is only available for the same class type as the virtual training that you completed. Subject to availability.
Privacy Notice: We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns.