- Holiday Inn Media Center – Burbank
- 150 East Angeleno Ave
Burbank, CA 91502
- Tuesday, December 3, 2019
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019
- 8:30am – 5:00pm
- 2 Days
Book early for early bird discount
Book 2 classes for combo discount
Bring your friends
Special pricing for groups of 3 or more
Bring your whole team
Groups of 6 get even bigger
Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) – Los Angeles, CA
Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®) is a two-day, hands-on workshop that takes students through the Scrum Framework. The class is full of practical, real-world techniques that ScrumMasters can take back and use immediately at their workplace. The class explores in-depth the roles and responsibilities in Scrum with a deep dive into the role of the ScrumMaster. This class will allow your organization to enjoy the many advantages Scrum has to offer. The CSM exam is included with class registration.
John Miller, CSP, PMP
John Miller, CSP, PMP is an IT professional with over 15 years of industry experience. John holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from The New Jersey City University. He is a Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) from the Scrum Alliance, a Project Management Professional (PMP) from Project Management Institute (PMI), ITIL Foundations Certified, State Government Certified Project Manager from the Government Information Technology Agency (GITA), and a Certified Support Center Director from the Help Desk Institute.
John is an Agile Trainer and Coach with The Braintrust Consulting Group, a provider of complete project management services for a wide range of software related projects. Braintrust blends People, Process, Tools, and Training into one seamless formula in order to help their clients break through roadblocks, improve processes, meet deadlines, and exceed goals.
With a background in project management and IT Operations Management, John has spent much of his career managing and leading teams for companies like Register.com, Imbot.com, and local government organizations such as the Baltimore City Police Department and school districts. John has founded and grown several community groups such as West Phoenix Scrum Users Group and Agile Schools.
John has 10 years experience in the education and training industry, He has worked with numerous organizations to support their training and coaching needs, whether they are for ongoing training or support during new project initiatives.
John is a frequent presenter at technology conferences and was a speaker at Scrum Alliance Global Gathering - Atlanta. He enjoys sharing his love of project management, agile framework, and IT operations management with The Braintrust Consulting Groups’ clients.
"Instructor was very talented in his presentation methods. Not boring! Class activities challenge participants and drive home learning objectives."Jesse, Scientific Research Corporation
"Course instructor kept everyone engaged by applying principles with practical application. Able to use tools to help support/facilitate Scrum process. At the end of class, felt very comfortable acting in ScrumMaster role."Deborah, American Airlines
"This course is a "must have" to sit for the PMP exam. Key topics, terms, and the PM mindset covered include many things that you don't learn through PM experience. The exercise are crucial and you leave with the feeling that taking the test is not an almost impossible task. The level of information covered and way it is presented is spot on."Kathy, Regions Bank
"This is a really great hands-on way to learn the Scrum process. The simulations are realistic and the little techniques taught through the exercises will be valuable in the real world implementation (35, planning poker, etc.)."Kyle, Rally Software
"The CSM class is extremely important to adjust the project management mindset into that of a ScrumMaster whose fundamental values shift from management to servant leadership."Ayaz, Nielsen
Class Learning Objectives
As a Certified ScrumMaster class participant, I want…
- To explain Lean, Agile and Scrum so that I can better understand Scrum’s relationship to the Agile Manifesto
- To describe the Scrum framework, so that I can clearly comprehend the Scrum process
- To describe the roles and responsibilities in Scrum, so that I can understand who does what
- To do a deep dive into the ScrumMaster role, so that I can clearly understand the breadth and depth of my role
- To experience Scrum, so that I know what it feels like when I start doing it for real
- To explain how to seed a Product Backlog, so that I can assist the Product Owner with creating one
- To demonstrate how to write User Stories, so that I can clearly articulate the who, what, and why behind a Backlog item
- To teach team members how to relatively size Backlog items, so that the Product Owner can make better prioritization decisions
- To explore the Sprint construct, so that I can coach my team on the importance of good Scrum practices
- To list and explain the key events in Scrum, so that I know what is happening, before, during, and after each Sprint
- To explore some additional concepts, so that I can support a Scrum implementation in my organization
- Learn while having fun
- Retain more information because of our unique hands-on approach; based on the latest research into brain science
- Be entertained by stories from our real-world experienced and knowledgeable instructors
- Maximize investments already made by gaining valuable Scrum Education Units® (SEUs) and Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- Increase your personal worth within your company and in the marketplace
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone interested in learning the benefits of Scrum
- IT Professionals (Architects, BAs, DBAs, Developers, Testers, etc.)
- IT Leadership (Managers/Directors/VPs/CIOs/CTOs)
- Project Managers
- Easy-to-use reminders of Scrum
- Printed class manual
- Scrum reference card
- Copy of the Braintrust book Scrum for the Rest of Us
- 16 SEUs/16 PDUs
- Two-year membership to the Scrum Alliance
- Fulfill one of the requirements for the Certified Scrum Developer® (CSD®) certification
Cancellation Policy: In order to receive a refund you must notify us no later than 10 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 10 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class within the next 12 months and are subject to a $150 transfer fee.
Privacy Notice: We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns.