- Holiday Inn KCI Airport & KCI Expo Center
- 11728 NW Ambassador Drive
Kansas City, MO 64153
- Tuesday, August 20, 2019
- Wednesday, August 21, 2019
- 8:30am – 5:00pm CDT
- 2 Days
Book early for early bird discount
Book 2 classes for combo discount
Bring your friends
Special pricing for groups of 3 or more
Bring your whole team
Groups of 6 get even bigger
Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) – Kansas City, MO
Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®) is a two-day, hands-on workshop that takes students through the Scrum Framework. The class is full of practical, real-world techniques that ScrumMasters can take back and use immediately at their workplace. The class explores in-depth the roles and responsibilities in Scrum with a deep dive into the role of the ScrumMaster. This class will allow your organization to enjoy the many advantages Scrum has to offer. The CSM exam is included with class registration.
Tom Mellor, CST
Tom Mellor has been actively involved in business and IT for over 36 years. A seasoned professional, he has worked in both large and small companies serving in a multitude of capacities and functions. With a rich history in Agile, Tom is passionate about the adoption and use of agile-based product development approaches and in 2004 introduced Agile and Scrum framework into a Fortune 50 company. He trained over 1,000 employees and hundreds outside of the company in the practices and principles of Agile and Scrum and coached and nurtured the use of Scrum on many of project teams. Tom has been a Certified Scrum Trainer since 2008 and served on the Scrum Alliance Board of Directors from March 2008 through October 2010 including a term as chair from September 2009 until October 2010. Purpose driven work for Tom means helping organizations, their leaders, and their teams do modern Agile-based product development processes effectively and he helps them do this through consultation, training and coaching. Tom grew up in Montana and earned a BS Degree in Business Administration from The University of Montana. He now lives in Bloomington, Illinois with his wife, Maryann, and their 3 daughters – Lindsey, Kristen, and Amanda and dog, Penny.
"The trainers really put a lot of thought on how to make this course interesting. And I think they succeeded."Stone, Ericsson
"Instructor was very talented in his presentation methods. Not boring! Class activities challenge participants and drive home learning objectives."Jesse, Scientific Research Corporation
"The CSM class is extremely important to adjust the project management mindset into that of a ScrumMaster whose fundamental values shift from management to servant leadership."Ayaz, Nielsen
"Learned that my view of "agile" was pretty much wrong and that it is a very well thought out process. I learned that using Scrum, I can greatly increase productivity while providing necessary documentation."Peter, Scientific Research Corporation
"This is an engaging, hands on class where you actually participate in the Scrum process over two days. You don't sit in a lecture situation for long, as most of the class is interactive. I never got bored, and I've been a ScumMaster for two years already. I would highly recommend this class. Attending along with your product owner, or other ScrumMaster at you organization would be particularly valuable."Adam, Edgenet, Inc.
Class Learning Objectives
As a Certified ScrumMaster class participant, I want…
- To explain Lean, Agile and Scrum so that I can better understand Scrum’s relationship to the Agile Manifesto
- To describe the Scrum framework, so that I can clearly comprehend the Scrum process
- To describe the roles and responsibilities in Scrum, so that I can understand who does what
- To do a deep dive into the ScrumMaster role, so that I can clearly understand the breadth and depth of my role
- To experience Scrum, so that I know what it feels like when I start doing it for real
- To explain how to seed a Product Backlog, so that I can assist the Product Owner with creating one
- To demonstrate how to write User Stories, so that I can clearly articulate the who, what, and why behind a Backlog item
- To teach team members how to relatively size Backlog items, so that the Product Owner can make better prioritization decisions
- To explore the Sprint construct, so that I can coach my team on the importance of good Scrum practices
- To list and explain the key events in Scrum, so that I know what is happening, before, during, and after each Sprint
- To explore some additional concepts, so that I can support a Scrum implementation in my organization
- Learn while having fun
- Retain more information because of our unique hands-on approach; based on the latest research into brain science
- Be entertained by stories from our real-world experienced and knowledgeable instructors
- Maximize investments already made by gaining valuable Scrum Education Units® (SEUs) and Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- Increase your personal worth within your company and in the marketplace
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone interested in learning the benefits of Scrum
- IT Professionals (Architects, BAs, DBAs, Developers, Testers, etc.)
- IT Leadership (Managers/Directors/VPs/CIOs/CTOs)
- Project Managers
- Easy-to-use reminders of Scrum
- Printed class manual
- Scrum reference card
- Copy of the Braintrust book Scrum for the Rest of Us
- 16 SEUs/16 PDUs
- Two-year membership to the Scrum Alliance
- Fulfill one of the requirements for the Certified Scrum Developer® (CSD®) certification
Cancellation Policy: In order to receive a refund you must notify us no later than 10 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 10 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class within the next 12 months and are subject to a $150 transfer fee.
Virtual Satisfaction Guarantee: Offer only valid if you contact us within 10 days of completing your virtual training class and request a free audit of an in-person training. Free audit is only available for the same class type as the virtual training that you completed. Subject to availability.
Privacy Notice: We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns.