- Holiday Inn Media Center – Burbank
- 150 East Angeleno Ave
Burbank, CA 91502
- Wednesday, April 1, 2020
- Thursday, April 2, 2020
- 8:30am – 5:00pm CDT
- 2 Days
Book early for early bird discount
Book 2 classes for combo discount
Bring your friends
Special pricing for groups of 3 or more
Bring your whole team
Groups of 6 get even bigger
Canceled – Certified Scrum Professional-Product Owner (CSP-PO) – Los Angeles, CA
- Current Advanced Certified Product Owner (A-CSPO®) certification with Scrum Alliance.
- At least two years of work experience as a Product Owner in the last five years.
(In order to validate work experience, it must be entered on candidate’s Scrum Alliance profile in Scrum Experience section where it is noted that this is required for Path to CSP applications.)
Certified Scrum Professional®-Product Owner (CSP®-PO) is an in-depth, two-day immersion into the world of Scrum and the role of a professional Product Owner. The class provides a deep dive into Product Strategy. From customer discovery and development to business models and competitive analysis, this class explores the role of the Product Owner and how they help launch new teams, work with their stakeholders on planning and forecasting and work with multiple teams on their backlogs.
Filled with real-world examples from the Braintrust Consulting Group and attendees’ experiences, you’ll leave this class with practical tools and techniques that can be implemented immediately at your workplace.
Certified Scrum Professionals challenge their teams to improve the way Scrum and Agile principles are applied. CSP®-POs have demonstrated experience, documented training, and proven knowledge in Scrum.
Anu Smalley, CST, CSP, CSM, CSPO
Anu Smalley is a Certified Scrum Trainer providing education and coaching, consulting services to clients across the United States. Anu’s passion lies within Product Management. Having been a Product Owner for a number of years, she focuses on coaching Product Owner’s, Product Manager and Business Leaders. Anu has 20+ years of experience. Over her career she has been a developer, Project Lead Project Manager, Development Manager, Scrum Master, Product Owner and Agile Coach and Trainer. A Graduate from Osmania University, India ( B.A and M.A in Psychology) and Bowling Green State University, Ohio (MBA), Anu has presented at User Group events like SAFe RVA, Agile Delaware and Scrum User Group of Columbia, MO. Anu is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP), a Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), and a Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP). Anu is an active member of the Scrum Alliance, and Agile Alliance.
"The last two days I attended the Scrum Alliance Certified Agile Leadership (CAL) Credential 1 course taught by Anu Smalley, CST from The Braintrust Consulting Group. It was a great training with several other seasoned Agile Leaders who are creating change in their teams and organizations. I was reminded that real change takes executive sponsorship, careful consideration, and willing team members. Companies who are committed to putting in the time and allowing the right people to get in the right seats can transform the way an organization delivers. I'm looking forward to using these Agile principles as I build a team who will thrive on a culture of process and system improvement."Chris H., Global IT Solutions
"This class does a great job of explaining and showcasing the strengths of agile development without making the rules rigid and inflexible. I feel that I have a solid groundwork for trying agile and seeing what works best for my team."Derek, Onramp Access
"By tying together Agile principles and engineering best practices, this course provides a springboard from which to improve one's technical output and team dynamic."Ted, Red Hat Inc.
I arrived with a good understanding of Scrum and still found the course tremendously valuable. They did a great job of providing a great value for all skill levels.Karl, Guthy-Renker
"An invaluable resource for learning, improving or cementing an understanding of Scrum."Matt, Naxos of America
Class Learning Objectives
As a Certified Scrum Professional®-Product Owner class participant, I want to…
- Understand how to champion my product, so that I can be effective as a Product Owner.
- Learn how to work with Stakeholders, so that I can facilitate better conversations with them.
- Understand the building blocks of a successful team, so that I can launch effective Scrum teams.
- Learn how to work with multiple teams, so that I can seamlessly work with multiple teams on the same product.
- Learn how to deliver training, so that I can help grow the knowledge about Product Ownership in my organization.
- Identify Product Strategy, so that I can focus on market-driven practices.
- Learn techniques of planning and forecasting, so that I can learn when and what to best release.
- Focus on Product Economics, so that I learn ways to determine product profitability.
- Learn ways to focus on customer discovery and development, so that I can deliver the product my customer needs.
- Explore techniques to manage my product backlog, so I can focus on delivering the highest value first.
The Braintrust Consulting Group is one of the leading Agile trainers in the U.S. Utilizing the latest brain science research, Braintrust uniquely facilitates this advanced course as a deeper, more intensive Scrum Professional program developed specifically for practicing Product Owners.
Certified Scrum Professional®-Product Owner (CSP®-PO) picks up where Advanced Certified Product Owner®(A-CSPO®) left off and takes your Product Owner skills to the next level. In the Certified Scrum Professional®– Product Owner (CSP®-PO), you’ll be focused on exploring and expanding your role as Product Owner in the organization.
- Learn while not being bored and having fun
- Retain more information because of our unique hands-on approach based on the latest research into brain science
- Be entertained by stories from our real-world experienced and knowledgeable instructors
- Attend exclusive CSP® events with other leaders in Scrum and Agile
- Attract more recruiters and command a higher rate of pay
- Establish a gateway and milestone toward becoming CST®, CEC, or CTC
Who Should Attend?
Certified Scrum Professional®-Product Owner (CSP®-PO) represents the culmination of the Path to CSP program and the highest-level accreditation that Scrum Alliance offers for Product Owners. Attaining Certified Scrum Professional®-Product Owner (CSP®-PO) is the third and final step in the Path to CSP in the Product Owner track.
This program is designed for practicing Product Owners who have completed CSPO®– and A-CSPO®. Certified Scrum Professionals challenge their teams to improve the way Scrum and Agile principles are applied. They have demonstrated experience, documented training, and proven knowledge in Scrum.
- Two full days training with a Certified Scrum Trainer® and Path to CSP Educator
- Printed class manual
- Full catering during the course including morning coffee, lunch, and snacks
- Certification as a Certified Scrum Professional®-Product Owner (CSP®-PO) for participants who satisfy all coursework requirements to the satisfaction of the trainer
- Certificate of course completion that may be submitted to your employer and/or a professional body (PMI, IIBA, or similar) for PDUs (available on request)
- Scrum tools to bring back to the office
- Copy of the Braintrust’s book Scrum for the Rest of Us
- 16 SEUs/16 PDUs
Cancellation Policy: In order to receive a refund you must notify us no later than 10 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 10 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class within the next 12 months and are subject to a $150 transfer fee.
Virtual Satisfaction Guarantee: Offer only valid if you contact us within 10 days of completing your virtual training class and request a free audit of an in-person training. Free audit is only available for the same class type as the virtual training that you completed. Subject to availability.
Privacy Notice: We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns.