- VIRTUAL (online)
- Wednesday, March 25, 2020
- Thursday, March 26, 2020
- 9:00am – 5:00pmCDT
Book early for early bird discount
Book 2 classes for combo discount
Bring your friends
Special pricing for groups of 3 or more
Bring your whole team
Groups of 6 get even bigger
Virtual Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) – Tampa, FL
VIRTUAL Class is delivered through Zoom Platform and led in real-time by a Braintrust expert instructor.
Led by our expert Agile trainers, this virtual, online leadership experience delivers the quality you’ve come to expect from The Braintrust Consulting Group from the convenience of your desktop or laptop. Virtual Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO®) is an innovative, interactive, online workshop that leads attendees into the world of Agile Product Management. The class is full of practical, real-world techniques, which can be implemented immediately at your workplace. This class will allow your organization to enjoy the many advantages Scrum has to offer. Hands-on exercises demonstrate key concepts and let you experience the benefits of Scrum firsthand.
Fred Mastropasqua, CST, CS@ST, CSP, PMI-ACP
Fred Mastropasqua is a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST), Professional (CSP), Master (CSM), Developer (CSD) Product Owner (CSPO), an Agile Practitioner with the PMI group (PMI-ACP), and a Microsoft System Engineer (MSCE) with over 20 years of experience with Windows Networking and Software Development. Holding roles such as Senior IT Manager of Applications, Director of Application Development, Agile Coach & Trainer, Scrum Master, Network Engineer, .NET Developer, IT Manager, and Software Engineer. His robust experience makes him a very well-rounded IT professional, with an understanding across all IT disciplines and the business. Fred is a Co-Founder of Clearly Agile, Inc., where he works with clients on custom business applications for both cloud and mobile platforms.
The CSPO class was very educational and engaging for new and experienced POs alike. Many real world examples and hands on activities were used that made relating the lessons taught to my work at home very easy. I left class energized and motivated to begin instituting culture change with my team.Forrest, Autopoint
"The course was extremely well organized. Instructor kept all participants engaged and thinking throughout the course-catered to my learning styles."Nicole, Emory University
"I loved the open discussion of how to incorporate Scrum more effectively into our company. I also would know how I could be a better PO & work with the other "pigs" during Sprints to make them more successful."Rosemary, American Mining Insurance Co.
"Action packed two day course with lots of workshops to understand concepts better."Balagee, Source Medical
"Very fun and highly informative. One of the best classes I've ever been a part of."Kristina, Ingenico
Class Learning Objectives
As a Virtual Scrum Product Owner class participant, I want…
- To describe the Scrum framework, so that I can clearly comprehend the Scrum process
- To describe the roles and responsibilities in Scrum, so that I can understand who does what
- To do a Scrum simulation, so that I have a real-world example to base the class exercises on
- To demonstrate how to create a Product Vision Statement, so that I can establish a guiding light for the product, with the help of my Stakeholders
- To demonstrate how to create a Product Roadmap, so that I can chart a course for the team and help build consensus with my Stakeholders
- To demonstrate how to establish User Roles and Personas, so that I can ensure that I don’t miss an important Stakeholder’s business need
- To understand Story Mapping, so that I can walk my Stakeholders through my product and avoid missing some major functionality
- To understand how to test product assumptions, so that I build what my customers truly need
- To explain how to seed a Product Backlog, so that I can quickly establish enough Backlog items so that the team can start Sprinting
- To demonstrate how to write User Stories, so that I can clearly articulate the who, what, and why behind a Backlog item
- To demonstrate how to quickly assess business value, so that I can establish an initial priority for the Backlog items in my Product Backlog
- To list several ways to prioritize my Product Backlog, so that I can determine the best approach for the situation at hand
- To refine my Product Backlog, so that it is ready for Sprint Planning
- To demonstrate how to create a release plan, so that I can determine the best time to put the product increment in my Stakeholders’ hands
- To understand my role as a Product Owner during the Sprint, so that I know how I can best support my team
- To list areas where we might get into trouble so that I know what to look out for as my organization implements Scrum
- Learn while having fun
- Retain more information because of our unique teaching styles based on the latest research into brain science
- Be entertained by stories from our real-world experienced and knowledgeable instructors
- Maximize investments already made by gaining valuable Scrum Education Units® (SEUs) and Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- Increase your personal worth within your company and in the marketplace
- Earn your CSM Certification from the convenience of your desk or laptop
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone interested in learning the benefits of Scrum
- Product Managers/Business Analysts
- Functional/Operational Managers
- Project Sponsors
- IT Leadership (Managers/Directors/VPs/CIOs/CTOs)
- Easy-to-use reminders of Scrum
- Downloadable class manual
- Digital copy of the Braintrust book Scrum for the Rest of Us
- 16 SEUs/16 PDUs
- Two-year membership to the Scrum Alliance
- Fulfill one of the requirements for the Certified Scrum Developer® (CSD®) certification
Cancellation Policy: In order to receive a refund you must notify us no later than 10 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 10 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class within the next 12 months and are subject to a $150 transfer fee.
Privacy Notice: We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns.