- VIRTUAL (online)
- Tuesday, October 20, 2020
- Thursday, October 22, 2020
- 9:00am – 5:00pm CDT
- 3 Days
Group pricing available. To learn more, contact Allyson Bowers by calling 503.869.5384 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Book early for early bird discount
Book 2 classes for combo discount
Bring your friends
Special pricing for groups of 3 or more
Bring your whole team
Groups of 6 get even bigger
Virtual Certified Scrum Developer – Agile Engineering (AE) – Los Angeles, CA
- A laptop with a working development environment
- Internet access
VIRTUAL Class is delivered through Zoom Platform and led in real-time by a Braintrust expert instructor.
Led by our expert Agile trainers, this virtual, online leadership experience delivers the quality you’ve come to expect from The Braintrust Consulting Group from the convenience of your desktop or laptop. This live, online class is designed to help software development professionals and teams be more effective when implementing Scrum and other Agile software development methodologies. It is intended for professional software developers who are on a Scrum team and want to understand how Scrum and Agile engineering practices are applied and how they affect their role in the team. You will learn how to create and maintain high-quality systems through industry standard practices such as Test-Driven Development, Continuous Integration and common software design patterns. Learning Objectives of the Agile Engineering class also fulﬁll the 3-day Technical Class requirements for the Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Developer® (CSD®) credential. Combined with attendance to a Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®) class and passing the CSM test those completing the Agile Engineering class qualify for the CSD credential.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
We’re so sure that you’ll love our new virtual classes that we’re offering a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all virtual classes. If you aren’t completely satisfied with your virtual experience, we’ll let you attend one of our future, in-person classes for free. (*some exclusions apply)
Erick Fleming, CSM, JCD, MCT, MSCD, CSD
Erick Fleming, CSM, JCD, MCT, MSCD is a certified .NET and Java Developer with over 17 years of programming and training experience. Erick holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems from University of South Florida. Erick is an instructor for The Braintrust Consulting Group, a provider of complete project management solutions for a wide range of software related projects. Braintrust blends People, Process, Tools, and Training into one seamless formula in order to help their clients break through roadblocks, improve processes, meet deadlines, and exceed goals. In addition, Erick has spent most of his career training and consulting with organizations on technologies ranging from .NET and Java to Linux and other open source tools. Specializing in cloud-based web solutions. To contact Erick please e-mail him at email@example.com.
"The last two days I attended the Scrum Alliance Certified Agile Leadership (CAL) Credential 1 course taught by Anu Smalley, CST from The Braintrust Consulting Group. It was a great training with several other seasoned Agile Leaders who are creating change in their teams and organizations. I was reminded that real change takes executive sponsorship, careful consideration, and willing team members. Companies who are committed to putting in the time and allowing the right people to get in the right seats can transform the way an organization delivers. I'm looking forward to using these Agile principles as I build a team who will thrive on a culture of process and system improvement."Chris H., Global IT Solutions
"This class does a great job of explaining and showcasing the strengths of agile development without making the rules rigid and inflexible. I feel that I have a solid groundwork for trying agile and seeing what works best for my team."Derek, Onramp Access
"By tying together Agile principles and engineering best practices, this course provides a springboard from which to improve one's technical output and team dynamic."Ted, Red Hat Inc.
I arrived with a good understanding of Scrum and still found the course tremendously valuable. They did a great job of providing a great value for all skill levels.Karl, Guthy-Renker
"An invaluable resource for learning, improving or cementing an understanding of Scrum."Matt, Naxos of America
Class Learning Objectives
As a Virtual Agile Engineering class participant, I want to learn…
- My role on a Scrum team.
- To clearly understand User Stories.
- To write effective unit tests.
- To quickly and accurately break down work requirements.
- To write high quality code and be able to evaluate code quality.
- To work collaboratively and efficiently with the other members of my Scrum team.
- To write small tests then write the code to pass the tests and clean up the code.
- To create software components that are maintainable and efficient.
- common language to use when discussing application design with other developers.
- To clean up my new code safely.
- To use automatic tools to refactor.
- To verify that my code works in the system and does not break the system as often as possible.
- To use a build system that automatically builds the system and runs all automated tests so that integrating often is as easy as possible.
- Develop the correct technique for continuously integrating your newly developed code into your existing code base
- Apply Agile and Scrum principles and best practices to form the best mix for your team’s success
- Learn the different approach to Agile architecture and design that supports a more incremental and emergent project
- Transform your development processes to reﬂect the most efﬁcient approach given your organization’s constraints
- Learn how to adopt Agile practices effectively within the context of your existing software development framework
- Utilize refactoring to ensure a longer lifespan of your software
- Discover how continuous, incremental improvement will allow your team to continue growing long after the conclusion of the class
Who Should Attend?
- Software Developers/Architects
- Software Development Managers
- Easy-to-use reminders of Scrum
- Downloadable class manual
- Digital copy of the Braintrust book Scrum for the Rest of Us
- 21 SEUs/21 PDUs
- Two-year membership to the Scrum Alliance
- Fulfill one of the requirements for the Certified Scrum Developer® (CSD®) certification
Cancellation Policy: In order to receive a refund you must notify us no later than 10 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 10 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class within the next 12 months and are subject to a $150 transfer fee.
Virtual Satisfaction Guarantee: Offer only valid if you contact us within 10 days of completing your virtual training class and request a free audit of an in-person training. Free audit is only available for the same class type as the virtual training that you completed. Subject to availability.
Privacy Notice: We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns.