- Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Tech Center
- 5001 S Ulster St
Denver, CO 80237
- Tuesday, July 28, 2020
- Thursday, July 30, 2020
- 8:30am – 4:30pm
- 3 Days
Group pricing available. To learn more, contact Allyson Bowers by calling 503.869.5384 or by emailing email@example.com
Book early for early bird discount
Book 2 classes for combo discount
Bring your friends
Special pricing for groups of 3 or more
Bring your whole team
Groups of 6 get even bigger
Certified Scrum Developer – Agile Engineering (AE) – Denver, CO
- A laptop with a working development environment that can be brought to class
This class is designed to help software development professionals and teams be more effective when implementing Scrum and other Agile software development methodologies. It is intended for professional software developers who are on a Scrum team and want to understand how Scrum and Agile engineering practices are applied and how they affect their role in the team. You will learn how to create and maintain high-quality systems through industry standard practices such as Test-Driven Development, Continuous Integration and common software design patterns. Learning Objectives of the Agile Engineering class also fulﬁll the 3-day Technical Class requirements for the Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Developer® (CSD®) credential. Combined with attendance to a Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®) class and passing the CSM test those completing the Agile Engineering class qualify for the CSD credential.
Erick Fleming, CSM, JCD, MCT, MSCD, CSD
Erick Fleming, CSM, JCD, MCT, MSCD is a certified .NET and Java Developer with over 17 years of programming and training experience. Erick holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems from University of South Florida. Erick is an instructor for The Braintrust Consulting Group, a provider of complete project management solutions for a wide range of software related projects. Braintrust blends People, Process, Tools, and Training into one seamless formula in order to help their clients break through roadblocks, improve processes, meet deadlines, and exceed goals. In addition, Erick has spent most of his career training and consulting with organizations on technologies ranging from .NET and Java to Linux and other open source tools. Specializing in cloud-based web solutions. To contact Erick please e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Highly valuable for any individual or company that wants to be successful in todays fast paced development and avoid project failures."Vasu, Cox Communications
"A must for any modern developer. This course will help teach the necessary elements to improve your code."Kyle, Blue Cross Blue Shield of KC
"This is amazing. Everyone running an agile shop should use this. Even the upper and higher management who has the authority to decide should attend this class."Monika, NY Times
"A good class taught by an expert."John, Nationwide
"This was an energetic class presented by Erick, who is a very intelligent and well-versed developer and presenter. The information gained reinforced my appreciation for the role of testing in development."Keith, NC2 Media
Class Learning Objectives
As an Agile Engineering class participant, I want to learn…
- my role on a Scrum team.
- to clearly understand user stories.
- to write effective unit tests.
- to quickly and accurately break down work requirements.
- to write high quality code and be able to evaluate code quality.
- to work collaboratively and efficiently with the other members of my Scrum team.
- to write small tests then write the code to pass the tests and clean up the code.
- to create software components that are maintainable and efficient.
- common language to use when discussing application design with other developers.
- to clean up my new code safely.
- to use automatic tools to refactor.
- to verify that my code works in the system and does not break the system as often as possible.
- to use a build system that automatically builds the system and runs all automated tests so that integrating often is as easy as possible.
- Develop the correct technique for continuously integrating your newly developed code into your existing code base
- Apply Agile and Scrum principles and best practices to form the best mix for your team’s success
- Learn the different approach to agile architecture and design that supports a more incremental and emergent project
- Transform your development processes to reﬂect the most efﬁcient approach given your organization’s constraints
- Learn how to adopt Agile practices effectively within the context of your existing software development framework
- Utilize refactoring to ensure a longer lifespan of your software
- Discover how continuous, incremental improvement will allow your team to continue growing long after the conclusion of the class
Who Should Attend?
- Software Developers/Architects
- Software Development Managers
- Easy to use reminders of Scrum
- Printed class manual
- Scrum reference card
- Copy of the Braintrust book Scrum for the Rest of Us
- 21 SEUs/21 PDUs
- Fulfill one of the requirements for the Certified Scrum Developer® (CSD®) certification
Cancellation Policy: In order to receive a refund you must notify us no later than 10 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 10 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class within the next 12 months.
Privacy Notice: We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any concerns.