- Courtyard by Marriott Tampa Oldsmar
- 4014 Tampa Road
Oldsmar, FL 34677
- Thursday, February 21, 2019
- Friday, February 22, 2019
- 8:30am – 5:00pm
- 2 Days
Group pricing available. To learn more, contact Kristyn Bara by calling 205.585.8215 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Book early for early bird discount
Book 2 classes for combo discount
Bring your friends
Special pricing for groups of 3 or more
Bring your whole team
Groups of 6 get even bigger
Certified Agile Leadership Credential I – Tampa, FL (Women in Agile Leadership Class)
Past leadership experience.
You will get the most from this certification if you are currently serving in a leadership position.
Your long term success and happiness is directly related to your ability to lead. Doing it all yourself only gets you so far in today’s world. In order to truly accomplish great things you will need the assistance of others. The Certified Agile Leadership Credential I program will teach you the skills necessary in order to become an effective Agile Leader. Agile Leaders are flexible and capable of leading across; cultures, generations, and geographies. Agile Leaders focus on building self-organizing and self-managing teams, setting a vision and supporting the team as they produce amazing results. Agile Leaders have more time for the important things in life like; strategic thinking, their families, and themselves.
This two-day immersive leadership experience meets the learning objectives of the Scrum Alliance Certified Agile Leadership Credential I Program. Graduates will receive the Credential 1 of the Certified Agile Leadership (CAL) Program.
Anu Smalley, CST, CSP, CSM, CSPO
Anu Smalley is a Certified Scrum Trainer providing education and coaching, consulting services to clients across the United States. Anu’s passion lies within Product Management. Having been a Product Owner for a number of years, she focuses on coaching Product Owner’s, Product Manager and Business Leaders. Anu has 20+ years of experience. Over her career she has been a developer, Project Lead Project Manager, Development Manager, Scrum Master, Product Owner and Agile Coach and Trainer. A Graduate from Osmania University, India ( B.A and M.A in Psychology) and Bowling Green State University, Ohio (MBA), Anu has presented at User Group events like SAFe RVA, Agile Delaware and Scrum User Group of Columbia, MO. Anu is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP), a Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), and a Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP). Anu is an active member of the Scrum Alliance, and Agile Alliance.
"The last two days I attended the Scrum Alliance Certified Agile Leadership (CAL) Credential 1 course taught by Anu Smalley, CST from The Braintrust Consulting Group. It was a great training with several other seasoned Agile Leaders who are creating change in their teams and organizations. I was reminded that real change takes executive sponsorship, careful consideration, and willing team members. Companies who are committed to putting in the time and allowing the right people to get in the right seats can transform the way an organization delivers. I'm looking forward to using these Agile principles as I build a team who will thrive on a culture of process and system improvement."Chris H., Global IT Solutions
"Interactive class that presents a lot of information which is not overwhelming and has a lot of good and interesting exercises."Andrea, Wika Instrument, LP
Class Learning Objectives
Agile Leaders® are inclusive, democratic, and exhibit a greater openness to ideas and innovations. With a passion for learning, a focus on developing people, and a strong ability to define and communicate a desired vision, they possess all of the tools necessary to successfully inspire others and become a change agent within any organization.
This course explores 5 core categories:
- The Context for Agile
- Agile Overview
- Leadership in an Agile Context
- The Agile Organization
- Agile Approaches to Change
Learning Objectives: In this class we will:
- Explore what led to the rise and success of Agile, so that I can understand the WHY behind Agility.
- Appreciate why focusing on culture is important and explore management trends and their associated cultures, so that I can influence culture in my organization.
- Identify what it means to be an effective Agile leader, so that I can explore my journey from a traditional management style to Agile Leadership.
- Explore Leadership Frameworks, so that I can grow as a leader
- Discover the mindset shift required for Agility, so that I can support my organization during the transition.
- Explore why Agile is best suited for complexity and uncertainty of work, so that I can understand where it might be appropriate within my organization.
- Learn different ways to be engaged and aware of what is going on, so that I am not micromanaging my team.
- Investigate techniques to increase team engagement and motivation, so that I can help my teams grow
- Evaluate self-organizing, self-managing teams, so that I can free up my time to lead.
- Explore EOS®, the Entrepreneurial Operating System, so that I can have results-based metrics to help me grow Agile in my organization.
- Discover different organizational structures, so that I can effectively support transformation in my organization.
- Study the importance of change management in an Agile transformation, so that I can effectively support change in my organization.
- Identify common challenges with Agile and explore techniques to overcome organizational roadblocks and impediments, so that I can support my organization on their Agile journey
- The ability to lead diverse teams, across remote locations
- Clarity of vision and ability to share it with others
- Focus on developing people
- Ability to drive, inspire and embrace change and continuous improvement
- Happy and productive; self-organizing, self-managing teams
- More time for strategic thinking
- Increase your personal worth within your company and in the marketplace
“It was a great training with several other seasoned Agile Leaders who are creating change in their teams and organizations. I was reminded that real change takes executive sponsorship, careful consideration, and willing team members. Companies who are committed to putting in the time and allowing the right people to get in the right seats can transform the way an organization delivers. I’m looking forward to using these Agile principles as I build a team who will thrive on a culture of process and system improvement.” -Chris H.
Who Should Attend?
- This leadership class is ideal for anyone who manages a team or has direct reports under them.
- Product Owners
- With a passion for learning, a focus on developing people, and a strong ability to define and communicate a desired vision, Agile Leaders leave this class with all of the tools necessary to successfully inspire others and become a change agent within any organization.
- The tools and techniques necessary to apply Agile Leadership
- Credential 1 of the Scrum Alliance Certified Agile Leadership (CAL) Program
- A clear view of the values and principles of an Agile Leader
- Leadership Library of Inspiring Books
- Access to our private CAL graduate LinkedIn Group for valuable discussions and debates
- 17 SEUs / 17 PDUs
Cancellation Policy: In order to receive a refund you must notify us no later than 10 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 10 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class within the next 12 months.
Privacy Notice: We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any concerns.