- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa Northwest-Oldsmar
- 3990 Tampa Rd.
Oldsmar, FL 34677
- Wednesday, July 17, 2019
- Thursday, July 18, 2019
- 8:30am – 5:00pm CDT
- 2 Days
Book early for early bird discount
Book 2 classes for combo discount
Bring your friends
Special pricing for groups of 3 or more
Bring your whole team
Groups of 6 get even bigger
Certified Agile Leadership Credential I – Tampa, FL
Past leadership experience.
You will get the most from this certification if you are currently serving in a leadership position.
Over the last four years, the Scrum Alliance has gathered feedback from students and inspected and adapted their Certified Agile Leadership (CAL I) program. What was originally a two-day program is now broken out into three one-day classes: Certified Agile Leadership—Essentials (CAL-E), Certified Agile Leadership—Teams (CAL-T), and Certified Agile Leadership—Organizations (CAL-O) (coming soon!).
Braintrust is currently bundling two of the classes as Certified Agile Leadership Essentials + Teams. Together, this two-day bundle class will earn you both the CAL-E and CAL-T certifications. We are currently converting all scheduled CAL I classes to the new format.
Led by our expert Agile trainers, this leadership experience delivers the quality you’ve come to expect from The Braintrust Consulting Group. This training meets the learning objectives of the Scrum Alliance Certified Agile Leadership Essentials and Certified Agile Leadership Teams. Graduates will receive CAL-E and CAL-T certification.
Certified Agile Leadership—Essentials (CAL-E)
The Certified Agile Leadership—Essentials (CAL-E) class will teach you the skills necessary in order to become an effective Agile Leader. CAL-E is very much about exploring “you as a Leader”—your leadership journey, leading in a VUCA world (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex & Ambiguous) and how to lead from a position of Influence.
Agile Leaders are flexible and capable of leading across cultures, generations, and geographies. Agile Leaders focus on building self-organizing and self-managing teams, setting a vision and supporting the team as they produce amazing results.. We’ll explore the mindset shift required for successful Agile Leadership and how self-awareness, social awareness and situational awareness are critical for a leadership role. Leadership Agility is especially important in uncertain times to help teams and organizations grow.
Certified Agile Leadership—Teams (CAL-T)
The Certified Agile Leadership—Teams (CAL-T) class will build strong leaders who can use their unique strengths for the betterment of the whole. CAL-T continues your leadership journey looking at ways to influence culture and support your teams on their journey to High Performing teams. It explores the multiple facets of your leadership role around mentoring and coaching and challenges you may face as you scale Agility in your organization. It looks at ways to be engaged with your team without micromanaging them, and using metrics that support your team’s growth. You will leave this workshop with a better understanding of what it takes to lead a fully functional Agile team and organization.
THE BRAINTRUST DIFFERENCE:
- Digital E-book: Scrum for the Rest of Us Included
- Digital Scrum Process Diagram Included
- 1 on 1 Mentoring/Coaching Included
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
We’re so sure that you’ll love our new virtual classes that we’re offering a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all virtual classes. If you aren’t completely satisfied with your virtual experience, we’ll let you attend one of our future, in-person classes for free. (*some exclusions apply)
Anu Smalley, CST, CSP, CSM, CSPO
Anu Smalley is a Certified Scrum Trainer providing education and coaching, consulting services to clients across the United States. Anu’s passion lies within Product Management. Having been a Product Owner for a number of years, she focuses on coaching Product Owner’s, Product Manager and Business Leaders. Anu has 20+ years of experience. Over her career she has been a developer, Project Lead Project Manager, Development Manager, Scrum Master, Product Owner and Agile Coach and Trainer. A Graduate from Osmania University, India ( B.A and M.A in Psychology) and Bowling Green State University, Ohio (MBA), Anu has presented at User Group events like SAFe RVA, Agile Delaware and Scrum User Group of Columbia, MO. Anu is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP), a Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), and a Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP). Anu is an active member of the Scrum Alliance, and Agile Alliance.
"The last two days I attended the Scrum Alliance Certified Agile Leadership (CAL) Credential 1 course taught by Anu Smalley, CST from The Braintrust Consulting Group. It was a great training with several other seasoned Agile Leaders who are creating change in their teams and organizations. I was reminded that real change takes executive sponsorship, careful consideration, and willing team members. Companies who are committed to putting in the time and allowing the right people to get in the right seats can transform the way an organization delivers. I'm looking forward to using these Agile principles as I build a team who will thrive on a culture of process and system improvement."Chris H., Global IT Solutions
"Interactive class that presents a lot of information which is not overwhelming and has a lot of good and interesting exercises."Andrea, Wika Instrument, LP
Class Learning Objectives
Learning Objectives for CAL—E
- I want to understand the changing management trends required in a volatile, uncertain, complex, ambiguous (VUCA) world, so that I can lead effectively.
- I want to understand the mindset shifts required to effectively lead in conditions of high volatility and uncertainty, so that I can best support my organization.
- I want to explain the importance of having a structured leadership development approach that supports leadership capability development, so that I can continue to grow as an Agile Leader.
- I want to understand Self, Situational and Social Awareness, so that as a leader, I can effectively engage and interact with my team(s).
- I want to understand a Growth Mindset and explore different techniques to provide feedback and work through difficult challenges, so that I can help to improve outcomes.
- I want to explore using power and influence, and when to use each, so that I can be present, aware and engaged with my team, while avoiding over-influence and micromanagement.
Learning Objectives for CAL—T
- I want to understand different approaches to influencing culture and leading teams, so that I can encourage a learning environment throughout my organization.
- I want to understand challenges we will face when taking Agile to multiple teams, so that I can focus on Organizational Agility
- I want to learn how to coach and influence my organization and its culture,
so that I we can focus on impactful outcomes.
- The ability to lead diverse teams, across remote locations
- Understand the changing management trends required in a volatile, uncertain, complex, ambiguous (VUCA) world
- Focus on developing people through an organization-wide growth mindset
- Ability to drive, inspire and embrace change and continuous improvement
- Happy and productive; self-organizing, self-managing teams
“Not only did the course provide theoretical knowledge and information, but there were plenty of real-life examples, from both the instructor and my fellow class participants. It was incredibly engaging and I’m walking away feeling much more confident in my knowledge of agility and how to lead in an agile fashion.”
Who Should Attend?
- This leadership class is ideal for anyone who manages a team or has direct reports under them.
- Product Owners
- With a passion for learning, a focus on developing people, and a strong ability to define and communicate a desired vision, Agile Leaders leave this class with all of the tools necessary to successfully inspire others and become a change agent within any organization.
- The tools and techniques necessary to apply Agile Leadership throughout organizations
- Cal-E and CAL-T certifications, and Credential 1 of the Scrum Alliance legacy Certified Agile Leadership (CAL) Program
- A clear view of the values and principles of an Agile Leader
- 16 SEUs / 16 PDUs
Cancellation Policy: In order to receive a refund you must notify us no later than 10 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 10 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class within the next 12 months and are subject to a $150 transfer fee.
Virtual Satisfaction Guarantee: Offer only valid if you contact us within 10 days of completing your virtual training class and request a free audit of an in-person training. Free audit is only available for the same class type as the virtual training that you completed. Subject to availability.
Privacy Notice: We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns.