- VIRTUAL (online)
- Friday, October 30, 2020
- Friday, October 30, 2020
- 9:00am – 5:00pm CDT
- 1 Day
Group pricing available. To learn more, contact Kristyn Bara by calling 205.585.8215 or by emailing email@example.com
Book early for early bird discount
Book 2 classes for combo discount
Bring your friends
Special pricing for groups of 3 or more
Bring your whole team
Groups of 6 get even bigger
Agile Essentials—Live, Online Workshop
This workshop provides a hands-on interactive learning experience that covers all aspects of a successful Agile team. This one-day virtual training class begins with understanding why Agile works and explains what Agile really is. As the class progresses, hands-on exercises help participants develop an understanding of the roles on an Agile team, artifacts used to track workflow and Agile practices used by the team. This is a day of fun, immersive and interactive learning that is relevant to both the work and home environments!
- Why Agile?
- Key benefits
- How to get started
2. What is Agile?
- Key principles
- Three pillars
- Getting started with Agile
3. Agile Roles
4. Agile Artifacts
5. Agile Practices
Ben Floyd, Agile Coach, Trainer|CSP-SM, CSP-PO
"The last two days I attended the Scrum Alliance Certified Agile Leadership (CAL) Credential 1 course taught by Anu Smalley, CST from The Braintrust Consulting Group. It was a great training with several other seasoned Agile Leaders who are creating change in their teams and organizations. I was reminded that real change takes executive sponsorship, careful consideration, and willing team members. Companies who are committed to putting in the time and allowing the right people to get in the right seats can transform the way an organization delivers. I'm looking forward to using these Agile principles as I build a team who will thrive on a culture of process and system improvement."Chris H., Global IT Solutions
"This class does a great job of explaining and showcasing the strengths of agile development without making the rules rigid and inflexible. I feel that I have a solid groundwork for trying agile and seeing what works best for my team."Derek, Onramp Access
"By tying together Agile principles and engineering best practices, this course provides a springboard from which to improve one's technical output and team dynamic."Ted, Red Hat Inc.
I arrived with a good understanding of Scrum and still found the course tremendously valuable. They did a great job of providing a great value for all skill levels.Karl, Guthy-Renker
"An invaluable resource for learning, improving or cementing an understanding of Scrum."Matt, Naxos of America
Class Learning Objectives
As an Agile Essentials class participant, I want to…
- Understand the benefits of Agile so I can see how it fits into my work and home life.
- Understand the principles of Agile so I can adopt them in my everyday life.
- Understand Agile roles so I can see who does what in my organization.
- Explore Agile artifacts so I can provide transparency to my organization.
- Compare Agile practices like Scrum and Kanban so I can see which fits best in my organization.
- You will learn about Agile and why it’s beneficial to your organization.
- You will learn the principles of Agile and how to implement them in your organization.
- You will learn about the Agile roles and how to recognize them.
- You will learn how to experience higher team morale and productivity with a fundamental shift in management style.
- You will improve your communications.
- You will learn to achieve greater flexibility and add value to your organization.
Who Should Attend?
This Workshop is for anyone who is unfamiliar with Agile.
- 3 SEUs/3 PDUs
- Thorough understanding of Agile
- A new outlook on the way you see your organization
- A framework for understanding whether Agile is right for your organization
Cancellation Policy: In order to receive a refund you must notify us no later than 10 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 10 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class within the next 12 months and are subject to a $150 transfer fee.
Virtual Satisfaction Guarantee: Offer only valid if you contact us within 10 days of completing your virtual training class and request a free audit of an in-person training. Free audit is only available for the same class type as the virtual training that you completed. Subject to availability.
Privacy Notice: We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns.