- Courtyard by Marriott Tampa Oldsmar
- 4014 Tampa Road
Oldsmar, FL 34677
- Tuesday, April 21, 2020
- Wednesday, April 22, 2020
- 8:30am – 5:00pm
- 2 Days
Group pricing available. To learn more, contact Kristyn Bara by calling 205.585.8215 or by emailing email@example.com
Book early for early bird discount
Book 2 classes for combo discount
Bring your friends
Special pricing for groups of 3 or more
Bring your whole team
Groups of 6 get even bigger
Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM) – Tampa, FL
Anyone is welcome to take this course, however, to receive your Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM™) you need to:
- Have a current Certified ScrumMaster Certification (CSM)
- Complete the two-day Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM)
- Have at least 12 months of experience within the last 5 years that you demonstrate by updating the experience on your Scrum Alliance Profile
Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM℠) is an in-depth two-day immersion into the world of the ScrumMaster role. The class explores Agile Facilitation and Agile Coaching and how the ScrumMaster uses these skills to support the team, the Product Owner and the Organization. The class is full of real-world examples from the attendees’ experiences and coaches attendees through practical tools and techniques that can be implemented immediately at your workplace. The class is a deep dive into your role as a ScrumMaster and the hands-on activities and exercises demonstrate key concepts and let you experience the next level of Scrum firsthand.
- The Agile values in your organization
- How to best facilitate and coach team members, customers, executives and stakeholders
- Techniques to help your team on their journey to self-organization
- Expanding the impact of Scrum in your organization
- Identify ways to scale Scrum and Agile beyond your team
Cathy Simpson, CST, PMP
Cathy Simpson is a Certified Scrum Trainer and Agile coach, with a passion for bringing joy, happiness and productivity to work. As a Scrum Trainer she teaches groups of people to use the empirical process to build complex products and solve complex problems. Her driving questions in life are “What’s possible?” “How do we make it happen?” and “How do we have fun doing it?” Cathy combines a warm energetic style with insights learned in the trenches at companies ranging from large financial institutions to small start-ups. This enables her to effectively connect with team members, managers and executives in order to facilitate transformation and help people create the futures they are committed to. She regularly speaks about Scrum and Agile at national and local conferences. Before becoming a CST, Cathy worked in technology for 20 years as a software developer, web producer, project/program manager, business consultant and agile coach. She credits her career in technology as the foundation for her success and her first job as a camp counselor as the reason she is a good trainer.
"The last two days I attended the Scrum Alliance Certified Agile Leadership (CAL) Credential 1 course taught by Anu Smalley, CST from The Braintrust Consulting Group. It was a great training with several other seasoned Agile Leaders who are creating change in their teams and organizations. I was reminded that real change takes executive sponsorship, careful consideration, and willing team members. Companies who are committed to putting in the time and allowing the right people to get in the right seats can transform the way an organization delivers. I'm looking forward to using these Agile principles as I build a team who will thrive on a culture of process and system improvement."Chris H., Global IT Solutions
"This class does a great job of explaining and showcasing the strengths of agile development without making the rules rigid and inflexible. I feel that I have a solid groundwork for trying agile and seeing what works best for my team."Derek, Onramp Access
"By tying together Agile principles and engineering best practices, this course provides a springboard from which to improve one's technical output and team dynamic."Ted, Red Hat Inc.
I arrived with a good understanding of Scrum and still found the course tremendously valuable. They did a great job of providing a great value for all skill levels.Karl, Guthy-Renker
"An invaluable resource for learning, improving or cementing an understanding of Scrum."Matt, Naxos of America
Class Learning Objectives
As an Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM) class participant, I want to learn…
- To explain Agile and Lean Values and Principles, so that I can better appreciate Scrum
- To understand Agile Facilitation, so that I can better support my team
- To understand Agile Coaching, so that I can coach my Team, Product Owner and Organization
- To explore self-organization, so that I can support my Development Team in becoming Self Organized
- To explore team dynamics, so that I can help my team work together better
- To explore Definition of Done, so that I facilitate my team creating one
- To understand the Value of Engineering Practices, so that I coach my team on how to incorporate them
- To understand Service to the Product Owner, so that I can effectively support my Product Owner
- To explore resolving impediments, so that I can effectively support my team
- To understand Scaling Scrum, so that I can understand the pros and cons of scaling
- To explore Organizational Change, so that I can effectively support my organization
- To explore Scrum Mastery, so that I can expand my personal ScrumMaster skills
The Braintrust Consulting Group is one of the leading Agile trainers in the U.S. Utilizing the latest brain science research, Braintrust uniquely facilitates this advanced course as a deeper, more intensive ScrumMaster program developed specifically for practicing ScrumMasters.
We help you translate Scrum and Agile theory into application. Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM) picks up where Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®) left off in your journey to becoming a Certified Scrum Professional. In Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), you are introduced to the roles, the events, the artifacts, and the basics of Scrum. In the Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM), you’ll be focused on applying that knowledge to achieve true mastery of Scrum.
- Learn while not being bored and having fun
- Retain more information because of our unique hands-on approach; based on the latest research into brain science
- Be entertained by stories from our real-world experienced and knowledgeable instructors
- Maximize investments already made by gaining valuable Scrum Education Units® (SEUs) and Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- Increase your personal worth within your company and in the marketplace
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals who have been in the ScrumMaster role for at least 12 months
- IT Leadership (Managers/Directors/VPs/CIOs/CTOs)
- Project Managers
- Easy to use reminders of Scrum
- Printed class manual
- Scrum reference card
- Copy of the Braintrust book Scrum for the Rest of Us
- 16 SEUs/16 PDUs
- Fulfill one of the requirements for the Certified Scrum Professional®-ScrumMaster (CSP®-SM)
Cancellation Policy: In order to receive a refund you must notify us no later than 10 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 10 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class within the next 12 months and are subject to a $150 transfer fee.
Privacy Notice: We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns.