- Radisson Hotel Portland Airport
- 6233 NE 78th Ct.
Portland, OR 97218
- Tuesday, February 11, 2020
- Wednesday, February 12, 2020
- 8:30am – 5:00pm
- 2 Days
Group pricing available. To learn more, contact Allyson Bowers by calling 503.869.5384 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Book early for early bird discount
Book 2 classes for combo discount
Bring your friends
Special pricing for groups of 3 or more
Bring your whole team
Groups of 6 get even bigger
Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner (A-CSPO) – Portland, OR
Anyone is welcome to take this course, however, to receive your Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner (A-CSPO℠) you need to:
- Hold an active Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification with the Scrum Alliance
- Validate at least 12 months of work experience specific to the role of Product Owner (within the past five years).
- Complete the two-day Advanced Certified Product Owner (A-CSPO) class
Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner (A-CSPO℠) is an in-depth, two-day immersion into the world of the Product Owner role. The class does a deep dive into the role of the Product Owner and how they identify and work with their Stakeholders, facilitate product discovery, test assumptions, and make sure their team builds the right thing in the right order. The class is full of real-world examples from the attendees’ experiences and introduces attendees to practical tools and techniques that can be implemented immediately at your workplace. The class is a deep dive into your role as a Product Owner and the hands-on activities and exercises demonstrate key concepts and let you experience the next level of Scrum firsthand.
- Product Owner Core Competencies
- Advanced Purpose and Strategy
- Empathizing with Customers and Users
- Advanced Product Assumption Validation
- Advanced Techniques for Working with the Product Backlog
Cathy Simpson, CST, PMP
Cathy Simpson is a Certified Scrum Trainer and Agile coach, with a passion for bringing joy, happiness and productivity to work. As a Scrum Trainer she teaches groups of people to use the empirical process to build complex products and solve complex problems. Her driving questions in life are “What’s possible?” “How do we make it happen?” and “How do we have fun doing it?” Cathy combines a warm energetic style with insights learned in the trenches at companies ranging from large financial institutions to small start-ups. This enables her to effectively connect with team members, managers and executives in order to facilitate transformation and help people create the futures they are committed to. She regularly speaks about Scrum and Agile at national and local conferences. Before becoming a CST, Cathy worked in technology for 20 years as a software developer, web producer, project/program manager, business consultant and agile coach. She credits her career in technology as the foundation for her success and her first job as a camp counselor as the reason she is a good trainer.
"The last two days I attended the Scrum Alliance Certified Agile Leadership (CAL) Credential 1 course taught by Anu Smalley, CST from The Braintrust Consulting Group. It was a great training with several other seasoned Agile Leaders who are creating change in their teams and organizations. I was reminded that real change takes executive sponsorship, careful consideration, and willing team members. Companies who are committed to putting in the time and allowing the right people to get in the right seats can transform the way an organization delivers. I'm looking forward to using these Agile principles as I build a team who will thrive on a culture of process and system improvement."Chris H., Global IT Solutions
"This class does a great job of explaining and showcasing the strengths of agile development without making the rules rigid and inflexible. I feel that I have a solid groundwork for trying agile and seeing what works best for my team."Derek, Onramp Access
"By tying together Agile principles and engineering best practices, this course provides a springboard from which to improve one's technical output and team dynamic."Ted, Red Hat Inc.
I arrived with a good understanding of Scrum and still found the course tremendously valuable. They did a great job of providing a great value for all skill levels.Karl, Guthy-Renker
"An invaluable resource for learning, improving or cementing an understanding of Scrum."Matt, Naxos of America
Class Learning Objectives
As an Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner (A-CSPO℠) class participant, I want to…
- Examine the Product Owner role, so that I can develop my Product Owner skills.
- Explore ways to identify my Stakeholders, so that I do not miss any important Stakeholders.
- Facilitate Stakeholder discussions, so that we can build consensus.
- Understand Technical Debt, so that I can work with my development team to maximize value.
- Understand the different ways I can scale my product and agility so that I can maximize value for my Stakeholders.
- Understand Product Strategy, so that I can evolve it over time to meet customer expectations.
- Work with my Stakeholders to iteratively build and release my product, so that I am meeting Stakeholder expectations.
- Explore product discovery, so that I can understand the most important things to build.
- Test product assumptions, so that I can build the right thing.
- Understand outcome versus output, so that we can focus on building the least output for the maximum outcome.
- Refine my Product Backlog, so that there are items ready for the team to work.
- Understand areas that my organization may struggle with, so that I can brainstorm solutions with the class.
The Braintrust Consulting Group is one of the leading Agile trainers in the U.S. Utilizing the latest brain science research, Braintrust uniquely facilitates this advanced course as a deeper, more intensive Product Owner program developed specifically for practicing Product Owners.
We help you take your Product Owner skills to the next level Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner (A-CSPO) picks up where Certified Scrum Product Owner®(CSPO®) left off in your journey to becoming a Certified Scrum Professional®-Product Owner. In the Advanced Certified Product Owner (A-CSPO), you’ll be focused on exploring ways to work with your stakeholder and product, applying that knowledge to release successful product increments to your stakeholders.
- Learn while having fun
- Retain more information because of our unique hands-on approach based on the latest research into brain science
- Be entertained by stories from our real-world experienced and knowledgeable instructors
- Manage multiple business initiatives from competing Stakeholders and define and validate business value.
- Define a clear product vision that ensures your product remains focused on the features of your customers and end users will actually use and communicate effectively with various stakeholder groups to achieve alignment.
- Maximize investments already made by gaining valuable Scrum Education Units® (SEUs) and Professional Development Units (PDUs).
- Increase your personal worth within your company and in the marketplace.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone is welcome to take this course, however, to receive your Advanced Certified Product Owner (A-CSPO℠) you need to:
- Have a current Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO®) certification
- Have at least 12 months of experience within the last 5 years that you demonstrate by updating the experience on your Scrum Alliance Profile
- Complete the two-day Advanced Certified Product Owner (A-CSPO) class
- Easy to use reminders of Scrum
- Printed class manual
- Scrum reference card
- Copy of the Braintrust book Scrum for the Rest of Us
- 16 SEUs/16 PDUs
- Fulfill one of the requirements for the Certified Scrum Professional®-Product Owner (CSP®-PO) certification
Cancellation Policy: In order to receive a refund you must notify us no later than 10 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 10 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class within the next 12 months and are subject to a $150 transfer fee.
Privacy Notice: We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any concerns.