If you’re a Leader in an Agile Organization, you have a lot of responsibility on your shoulders. Your Team and Stakeholders are both looking to you to deliver Products and keep customers happy, while implementing Agile, while also managing your own duties.
It can get heavy, so here’s a list of what it looks like to be an Agile Leader who is 100% committed to inspecting and adapting to check yourself against.
1. Agile leaders ASK powerful questions, LISTEN deeply to the answers, and GRATEFULLY USE that information to make key strategic decisions.
2. Agile leaders inspire CREATIVITY and INNOVATION in their teams, by MODELING it and EXPECTING it.
3. Agile leaders THRIVE in the face of UNCERTAINTY and CHANGE; they PIVOT with CALM and CONFIDENCE.
4. Agile leaders don’t let their egos stand in the way of change; they HAPPILY LET GO of what isn’t working.
5. Agile leaders take PLEASURE in LEARNING and GROWING.
6. Agile leaders HUMBLY SHIFT their management/communication/recognition styles to ALIGN WITH THEIR EMPLOYEES’ NEEDS.
Remember – it’s not just about what you do, it’s what you look like while you’re doing it!
So, Leaders, it’s time to hold up your mirrors with those six descriptors in mind. Do you look like an Agile Leader? Or do you still need to work on one or more of these areas?
If you need some guidance (no judgment here!), you can take one of our Certified Agile Leadership classes: