For those of you who don’t know, Global Scrum Gathering 2016 is next week (Monday April 18- Wednesday April 20). This year, the gathering is being held in Orlando, Florida and it’s already sold out! The theme for this year is Infinity and Beyond: Transforming the World of Work.
At Braintrust, we love the annual Global Scrum Gatherings because every year we learn something new that we can bring back to our clients. Plus, it’s a great opportunity for us to reconnect with our Agile friends and colleagues from around the world. But this year in particular, we are especially excited because Braintrust is involved with Global Gathering in lots of different ways. Our entire team will be on-site for the three days of the conference, so if you are attending the conference, be sure to come by and see us.
- Our own COO, Kate Megaw is Co-Chairing the event. So, that’s a huge deal in it’s own right. Kate and the committee have put a ton of work into planning and prepping, so we know this year is going to be a big success. If you see Kate at the conference, be sure to give her a hug- she’s earned it.
- Braintrust President, Brian Rabon was selected to deliver the opening keynote speech on Monday morning. As the founder of The Center For Agile Leadership, Brian will be delivering his speech: Agile Leadership, The Key to Scaling Scrum. If you’ve ever seen Brian speak, you know that you don’t want to miss this one. There are already several crazy rumors about what stunts Brian might pull during his speech.
- Our Director of Developer Training, Erick Fleming will be leading one of the breakout sessions on Monday afternoon. His session Fuel Your Product With High Octane Continuous Delivery will teach attendees the fundamentals of Continuous Delivery and how to provide the ultimate level of feedback to project stakeholders.
- Both Braintrust and The Center For Agile Leadership (CAL) are going to have booths set up in the expo area. In the Braintrust booth, we will be unveiling our new prize wheel and in the CAL booth we are giving away an iPad to one lucky key holder. So make sure you stop by both booths for your chance to win great prizes.
- Our customer support team is also donating their time to help stuff attendee bags, helping out in the presentation rooms and helping get everything ready for the sold out crowd.
By now, you can see why we are so excited for Global Scrum Gathering 2016! It’s going to be a great week and we are looking forward to seeing everyone in Florida. If you can’t make it to the event, be sure to follow @braintrustgroup on Twitter. We’ll be live tweeting from the event all week.