Over the last four years, the Scrum Alliance has gathered feedback from students and inspected and adapted their Certified Agile Leadership (CAL I) program. What was originally a two-day program is now broken out into three one-day classes: Certified Agile Leadership Essentials, Certified Agile Leadership for Teams, and Certified Agile Leadership for Organizations.
Certified Agile Leadership Essentials
The goal of this course is to bring awareness and understanding of the foundations of agile leadership. Exploring the way agile leaders think, focus, and behave allows the participants to begin their learning journey regarding what it takes to lead in today’s workplace.
Certified Agile Leadership for Teams
The goal of this course is to create awareness about the changing dynamics in today’s world of work and equip leaders with the practices they need to effectively lead their teams. Agile teams require an alternative to the traditional leadership approaches of the past in order to achieve better outcomes and thrive in this volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous world.
(In Progress) Certified Agile Leadership for Organizations
The goal of this course is to bring awareness to the practices and principles of agility and how they apply to businesses and organizations. Through case studies and other methods, participants will gain insight into what will and can work for their teams and organization.
Certified Agile Leadership – CAL-E & CAL-T Learning Objectives
- I want to understand the changing management trends required in a volatile, uncertain, complex, ambiguous (VUCA) world, so that I can lead effectively.
2. I want to understand the mindset shifts required to effectively lead in conditions of high volatility and uncertainty, so that I can best support my organization.
3. I want to explain the importance of having a structured leadership development approach that supports leadership capability development, so that I can continue to grow as an Agile Leader.
4. I want to understand Self, Situational and Social Awareness, so that as a leader, I can effectively engage and interact with my team(s).
5. I want to understand a Growth Mindset and explore different techniques to provide feedback and work through difficult challenges, so that I can help to improve outcomes.
6. I want to explore using power and influence, and when to use each, so that I can be present, aware and engaged with my team, while avoiding over-influence and micromanagement.
7. I want to understand why focusing on culture is important, so that I can influence culture in my organization.
8. I want to understand the concept of high performing teams, so that I can encourage a learning mindset throughout my organization.
9. I want to understand challenges we will face when taking Agile to multiple teams, so that I can focus on Organizational Agility
10. I want to explore how to coach and influence across my organization, so that we can focus on impactful outcomes.