Test Driven Development
Test Driven Development (TDD) Overview
This class is an in-depth one-day immersion into the world of Test Driven Development (TDD). Attendees learn practical, real world techniques that can be implemented immediately in their work. Hands-on exercises demonstrate key concepts and let you experience the benefits of TDD firsthand as you learn to integrate new functionality into a working system, and understand the impact of change in a TDD environment.
Who Should Attend?
- Software Developers
- Software Development Managers
- Participants must have knowledge of the .Net Framework and experience developing in C# or VB.Net with Microsoft Visual Studio and a fundamental understanding of practical Object Oriented Programming practices.
Class Learning Objectives
- Learn how to list and explain software-testing concepts.
- Learn how to set up a testing environment, so that you can implement Test Driven Development
- Learn to list and explain the core principles of Test Driven Development
- Learn to write some code in a test first fashion, so you can experience the "TDD Flow"
- Learn to incrementally implement a module, so you can see how TDD can drive software design
- Learn to integrate new functionality into a working system, so you can understand the impact of change in a TDD environment
- Learn to write code using object oriented concepts, so you can understand how TDD encourages modularized coding practices
- Learn to use dependency injection and mocking, so you can understand the importance of module isolation within TDD
- Learn to implement common application patterns using TDD, so you can get a feel for writing real-world applications through a test driven approach
- Learn to reduce overall cost of development.
- Learn increased efficiency in regression and integration testing.
- Learn to minimize time spent debugging.
- Learn greater developer accuracy.
- Learn a new way of thinking when designing and developing applications.
- Gain the ability to incorporate Test Driven Development in your development environment.
- Acquire the knowledge needed to understand the development problem you are solving before writing the solution.
- 7 PDUs
- A new way of thinking when designing and developing applications
- The ability to incorporate Test Driven Development in your development environment
- The knowledge needed to understand the development problem you are solving before writing the solution